Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Justified premieres tonight (3/16/10) on FX

Re: Justified premieres tonight (3/16/10) on FX

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    It seems they switched back and forth between Lexington and Harlan County a lot so I wasn't sure where all the stuff took place. When thery blew up that church, it seemed like it was in a city rather than a rural place. It also seemed like they had him going back and forth between Lexington and Harlan County quite a bit like he was going back and forth between Cincy and Dayton.

It might have been that the logistics of filming on location were too difficult. I'm sure it would have been a bit more authentic to film there or in a place like it but probably not too realistic for the actors and production crew.
    That church was in Lexington,I think. They did make it seem like it was quick trip from Harlan to Lexington. It's just over 2 1/2 hours. So it's not as quick as they made it seem.
    I'm sure the logistics of filming there would be difficult. Not many nice motels/hotels or restaurants in the Harlan area. Nothing fancy for the stars. That's for sure.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

I thought last nights episode was really good too. They threw a total Clint Eastwood line in there. Right after Olyphant is locked in the bathroom of that gas station he says "Well....(crap)." That was dead on Eastwood.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

chalk me up as a Justified fan.....seems FX does really great in getting these type shows going.....

Chalk me up as a fan of this show. I think fellow Lexingtonians will agree with me that the Tates Creek Road often cited in the show looks NOTHING like it is portrayed in the series.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

I don't know if everyone is still following the show, but IMO it's getting better and better. I think this week's show was the best episode so far.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Still following it. They set the bar very high on the premiere, and then there was a bit of a let down, but I agree they are picking it up some now.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Still following it and love it.

Elmore Leonard's fingerprints are all over this show. Great characters with depth. Just his last episode with Raylan's ex-wife, stupid husband Gary, football player Toby, quirky bad guys, etc. etc. The Crowther family lurking. Raylan's life and job are all messed up.

And not many shows would let the main character get the snot beat out of him in the first 5 minutes to set up the plot. Love it.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

It is a really good show. I agree this past episode was the best of the year. Classic line from Raylan this week when the ex fighter asked how he was able to find where he lived.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Still following it. They set the bar very high on the premiere, and then there was a bit of a let down, but I agree they are picking it up some now.
    Exactly. It started shot out of a cannon and then had a couple back to back shows that slowed it down. The last 3 episodes have really picked up the pace and storyline. Walter Goggins' character Boyd Crowder is a hoot.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Stat geek...and proud

I'm still digging this. It's no Sons of Anarchy or anything like that, but it's good. I love Boyd Crowder. Just the way he phrases things crack me up.

Any other Deadwood fans notice two of the last three bad guys on Justified were Dan and Johnny from the Gem?
    Last edited by RiverRat13; 05-21-2010 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Any other Deadwood fans notice two of the last three bad guys on Justified were Dan and Johnny from the Gem?

I was not aware of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Loving this show. really getting exciting these past several weeks.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    The guy that played the preacher on Deadwood was on it the week before those guys as well. He played the book writing hit man that was in with the local sheriff.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    I'm still digging this. It's no Sons of Anarchy or anything like that, but it's good. I love Boyd Crowder. Just the way he phrases things crack me up.
    I like it way better than Sons. I gave up on Sons after 8 episodes. Just wasn't feeling it. Women having that kind of power (Katie Segall) in a bike gang just messed it up for me.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?