Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Justified premieres tonight (3/16/10) on FX

Re: Justified premieres tonight (3/16/10) on FX

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Gotta disagree, Sons has much more heart, story, legacy, and mystery. I find myself wondering what will happen next and how will they get there, after every episode. Justified doesn't really keep me thinking between episodes. If you can track down the final four episodes of season 2 of SOA, watch it. It was epic.

I like Justified, I love SOA.
    Agreed with this. I had been meaning to get into Sons and just finished Season 1, and I honestly feel it's already up to the quality of my beloved Shield.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Just a reminder that Justified, Season 2 premieres next Wednesday, Feb. 9th at 10 pm on FX...

Quote Originally Posted by freestyle55 View Post
    Just a reminder that Justified, Season 2 premieres next Wednesday, Feb. 9th at 10 pm on FX...
    Can't wait!

La Dolce Vita

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I also said this upthread but it annoyed me the way they had Harlan be almost a suburb of Lexington. But I think you have to fanwank some things.
    indeed, chip.

just finished justified season 1 on dvd. i like it alot...and the notion of a different setting...

however, as a bluegrass resident, i kept thinking, jeez, it's almost impossible to get from lex. to harlan and they keep zipping back and forth every day and night. topographically, they certainly didn't capture either the bluegrass or the mountains of eastern ky with western pa and l.a. over and over, it's off-putting to me, although i realize it shouldn't matter a hill of beans to viewers not familiar with the commonwealth.

getting past that...i've loved timothy olyphant since the first episode of deadwood and walton goggins especially since he stole the last season of the shield. raylan and boyd rock, and arlo givens is an old reprobate. i like raylan's boss alot. a character himself, elmore leonard always comes up with some doozies.

alas, having long since given up our directv, i'll be waiting a bit for season 2, and thus won't be able to read this thread due to spoilers.
    teach tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstop View Post
    indeed, chip.

just finished justified season 1 on dvd. i like it alot...and the notion of a different setting...

however, as a bluegrass resident, i kept thinking, jeez, it's almost impossible to get from lex. to harlan and they keep zipping back and forth every day and night. topographically, they certainly didn't capture either the bluegrass or the mountains of eastern ky with western pa and l.a. over and over, it's off-putting to me, although i realize it shouldn't matter a hill of beans to viewers not familiar with the commonwealth.

getting past that...i've loved timothy olyphant since the first episode of deadwood and walton goggins especially since he stole the last season of the shield. raylan and boyd rock, and arlo givens is an old reprobate. i like raylan's boss alot. a character himself, elmore leonard always comes up with some doozies.

alas, having long since given up our directv, i'll be waiting a bit for season 2, and thus won't be able to read this thread due to spoilers.
    FX usually has the episodes streaming online sometime during the week after the show airs.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstop View Post
    I'm with you there. Anyone outside the area has absolutely no idea of the distance, geography, and topography of the areas. For the sake of the show, it's just best not to think about it.

I was in medical school when "ER" first came out and every friday morning all we did was criticize the mistakes and inaccuracies rather than follow the storyline.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Quote Originally Posted by freestyle55 View Post
    Will be tuning in. 1st episode last season was awesome, loved that first scene set in Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroBourbon View Post
    I'm with you there. Anyone outside the area has absolutely no idea of the distance, geography, and topography of the areas. For the sake of the show, it's just best not to think about it.
    Ha, I don't believe we saw the Bert T Combs Mountain Parkway one time during season one. They must have discovered an alternative route between Lex and Harlan. Excellent show though. Looking forward to season two.

Good first episode. I thought the Miami stuff felt like it was kinda shoved in there just to get it over with, but the rest of the episode was as I good I expected.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Good first episode. I thought the Miami stuff felt like it was kinda shoved in there just to get it over with, but the rest of the episode was as I good I expected.
    I doubt it's over with.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Watched the episode last night (DVR). I think it could get pretty interesting here with all that is intertwined in this little town.

Did anybody else notice the bottle of Blanton's bourbon on that episode? It was a nice touch.

Mmmmmmm, Blanton's. Was a definite nice touch.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

I was commenting to my wife last week that the Boyd Crowder character was very "neutered" this season. Right after I said that they showed previews for this weeks episode where it looks like he goes back to his old ways, Looks exciting. Love the show.

“I’m not afraid of heights, snakes or red-headed women.”

classic line.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?