Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Morgan Ensberg: I was in the wrong spot

High five!

Morgan Ensberg: I was in the wrong spot

Wow. Cool stuff!

What’s my point?

Eckstein’s hit in the “5–6″ hole was the difference in the game. I was not positioned properly at third base.
    Read the whole thing. Pretty cool to get some inside baseball about...well...baseball.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Morgan Ensberg: I was in the wrong spot

Ensberg on Cubs fans:

I was talking to a group of 7 and they started ragging me, but I got them to laugh and the conversation quickly turned into a Q & A session. After 15 min I told them I had to hit. When I turned my back I heard a guy spit and felt phlegm hit my left temple.

As I jogged into the dugout my eyes were watering up. I took 3 or 4 deep breaths and regained my composure. It took me over an hour to stop feeling humiliated. Someone just spit on me because he thought it would be funny and instead it burned a memory into my heart that I will never forget.
    http://morganensberg.wordpress.com/2...ilton-bradley/

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Wow. I've always thought that the term "Friendly Confines" was always said with tongue planted firmly in cheek, but that's an incredible story.

Chicago should crack off and fall into lake michigan.

I hate cub fans. loathesome putrid lifeforms.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Chicago should crack off and fall into lake michigan.

I hate cub fans. loathesome putrid lifeforms.
    Great city, fun city, nice ballpark, folks get way to riled up about other teams fans IMO, all teams fans can be a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Great city, fun city, nice ballpark, folks get way to riled up about other teams fans IMO, all teams fans can be a pain.
    It would be great if all the jerks in the world wore the same logo and colors so they'd be that easy for the rest of us to identify.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

High five!

Wow, just went back and read that one, OBM.

That's just sub-human of someone to spit on a guy.

I, too, can't stand Cubs fans. I've been to probably 7-10 Reds/Cubs games in Cincy, and I've sworn that I will never again attend a Reds/Cubs game because of Cubs fans. They are intolerable. I've never met a more arrogant and ignorant group of fans than Cubs fans.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    True. but that was a classless thing to do, akin to puring beer on Jr. when he got hurt.

I still hate cub fans though.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I, too, can't stand Cubs fans. I've been to probably 7-10 Reds/Cubs games in Cincy, and I've sworn that I will never again attend a Reds/Cubs game because of Cubs fans. They are intolerable. I've never met a more arrogant and ignorant group of fans than Cubs fans.
    Well, given all the titles they've won, I can understand their arrogance.

Oh, wait, nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Well, given all the titles they've won, I can understand their arrogance.

Oh, wait, nevermind.
    Aaaaaaannnnddd...ballgame!
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I work with a 40-something Cubs fan. He loves the team and the city, but he is nothing like we project Cubs fans to be. In fact he doesn't even offer excuses for them, stating that he's disgusted by them as well.

So as much as it pains me to say it, its not all of them, maybe most but not all.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

At Opening Day a few years ago I had the "pleasure" of sitting near some Cubs fans with SRO tickets. One of them flipped the bird and swore the whole time the national anthem was being performed, then proceeded to scream vulgarities at the president for several minutes. When one of the guys behind him finally had enough a fight broke out. Security waited for juuuust a few seconds while the very large Reds fan wailed on the tiny Cubs fan before breaking them up and ejecting them.

Turn Off Ads?