Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elijah Dukes released.....hmm

Gary Redus Ruled

Elijah Dukes released.....hmm

Released in what The Nationals are calling "purely a baseball decision". Im calling BS on that. The guy is 24 and was only scheduled to make 400k and still has at least trade potential. This turd has done something bad...im sure we'll hear soon enough. I used think about the Reds trading for him and putting him in left. Now he's free and I dont think id want him anywhere near this club.
    Hoping for another Reds October

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Elijah Dukes released.....hmm

I would take a flyer if it involved giving up a noname player. He comes with the potential of a guy like Balentien, with baggage. It could be a "baseball" decision because he has performed poorly for them since he came back from injury and in spring training.

Sometimes you have to rid yourself of the bad to be good and that may be what the Nats are doing.. He will most likely be at his peak a Milton Bradley, type player. I'll take him for nothing, but won't give up anything more.

Do we really need more outfielders? Really...?

-Matt

I cant say no enough to this guy, seriously, I wouldnt even want him working as a peanut vendor, dude is totally off his rocker and a fuse ready to ignite at any chance. Stay far, far away from this cat!!
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

When he played here with the Durham Bulls he and Delmon Young were in the news too often, and it wasn't always about baseball. I wouldn't have the guy in my clubhouse.

^Muddie, thats exactly what I recall as well. I used to bartend/bounce in Durham, saw those guys show their rears more then once, and that was jsut the legal stuff....
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

He also had options left. I really just don't understand the logic here, and I too think there is more to come on this story.

I think there is a lot to the team chemistry aspect in a sport with a 162 game season, and I'd like to think the Reds are sitting pretty in that department right now. They don't need to add any potential malcontents.
    I work in a bar in NKY and you'd be surprised how often the team comes down there in a group of 10-15 or more.* They're always well behaved and you can just sense the camaraderie among them.

*I know that may sound bad, but it's not like they're out getting housed the night before they have a 12:35 game. I've rarely even seen any of them drunk
    I may not be fast, but I sure am slow.

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    I think there is a lot to the team chemistry aspect in a sport with a 162 game season, and I'd like to think the Reds are sitting pretty in that department right now. They don't need to add any potential malcontents.
    I work in a bar in NKY and you'd be surprised how often the team comes down there in a group of 10-15 or more.* They're always well behaved and you can just sense the camaraderie among them.

*I know that may sound bad, but it's not like they're out getting housed the night before they have a 12:35 game. I've rarely even seen any of them drunk
    Yeah, the Bulls often came in our bar after games. I got to sit and drink for a couplle hours with Longoria a few season ago. The Bats came over and drank after a game 3 years ago as well, they had a travel day the next day, we had some drinkers on that team!! I had a buddy who pitched in teh Reds system @ 7 years ago, when L-ville came to town he got me tickets and intot the locker room, got to go out to eat/drinking with them after the game, Dunn was among them at the time, but I dont recall him drinking any.
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

The Kid

im with most of yall, something dont seem right with this story, i hope we stay far, far away from him.

HORRIBLE move by the Nats. A young talent that they shouldn't have gotten rid of because they have no better...

I wouldn't mind the Reds taking a look at him, but the way Dickerson and Gomes are swingin it, I don't think we'll even glance at him.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Can he catch or play SS?

No. We don't need any more OFers.

You can put me in the "let's stay far, far away" camp and I said so months ago.
    "...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"
    2009 Attendance Record 1-2
    2010 Attendance Record 3-1
    2011 Attendance Record 2-0
    2012 Attendance Record 6-2

Anyone pick this guy up yet? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Redus View Post
    Released in what The Nationals are calling "purely a baseball decision". Im calling BS on that. The guy is 24 and was only scheduled to make 400k and still has at least trade potential. This turd has done something bad...im sure we'll hear soon enough. I used think about the Reds trading for him and putting him in left. Now he's free and I dont think id want him anywhere near this club.
    Wouldn't touch him. Pretty sure he is potentialy a cancer in any club house.

Turn Off Ads?