Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Calling all Mason/Cincy residents

Reds fan since 1970!

Calling all Mason/Cincy residents

We are visiting Mason, OH April 8th-11th for my son's 9u baseball tourney in Mason. We're staying at the King's Island Resort, as well. Curious to what there is to do, eat, and/or have fun during our visit. Any suggestion would be great!!! Thanks--Sabo30
    Cincy Reds--Playoff's or bust!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Calling all Mason/Cincy residents

First major obvious one would be to go to Kings Island.

Here are several ideas all within about a mile from your hotel:

Walk across the street and go inside the Great Wolf Lodge. Even if you're not staying there you can play in their gameroom and walk around. It's really quite a sight. There's a bar where you can get drinks and bar food as well.

Next to your hotel is a large movie theater.

I think there's still a laser tag place just south of Kings Island. Go south on Kings Island drive and take a left at Western Row Rd and the Laser Tag place is in the strip center where the Sunoco is. It's at the corner of Western Row and Columbia Rds.

If you care to turn right at Columbia Rd there's a golf place where you can drive a bucket. There's also a run down putt putt course but I wouldn't be surprised if that course is closed by now.

Across I-71 from your hotel you'll see a real golf course. You can play 9 or 18 holes there at the Jack Nicklaus Center.

Reds fan since 1970!

Good stuff so far.....what about FOOD. Big dog's gotta EAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabo30 View Post
    Good stuff so far.....what about FOOD. Big dog's gotta EAT!
    Head south on I-71 and get off at the Fields-Ertel/Mason-Montgomery Rd exit. Turn right on Mason-Montgomery off the ramp and lots of good restaurants in the first couple miles.

Any particular kind of foods you like? That's my neck of the woods so I'm pretty darn familiar with the area.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Reds fan since 1970!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Head south on I-71 and get off at the Fields-Ertel/Mason-Montgomery Rd exit. Turn right on Mason-Montgomery off the ramp and lots of good restaurants in the first couple miles.

Any particular kind of foods you like? That's my neck of the woods so I'm pretty darn familiar with the area.
    We enjoy Italian, steakhouses, and quick things for bewteen games.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabo30 View Post
    We enjoy Italian, steakhouses, and quick things for between games.

Follow Roy's directions and you'll be find a Carraba's, Lone Star Steakhouse, Applebees and an extensive China Buffet and every fast food you can imagine. Keep going on Mason Montgomery and you'll find a Willie's Sportsbar in the same strip center as Kroger. That's a local chain. That area is short on Ma and Pa places and fish restaurants. You won't even find a Long John Silvers

Reds fan since 1970!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Follow Roy's directions and you'll be find a Carraba's, Lone Star Steakhouse, Applebees and an extensive China Buffet and every fast food you can imagine. Keep going on Mason Montgomery and you'll find a Willie's Sportsbar in the same strip center as Kroger. That's a local chain. That area is short on Ma and Pa places and fish restaurants. You won't even find a Long John Silvers
    Carraba's is great...we have one locally. Willie's sounds like my kinda place when the kids are back at the pool with MOMS! Thanks for the input all!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Yep. We're actually a little short on a good steak place too.

Bravo's is good for Italian. That's my favorite place. The Polo Grill is good food too. Claddaugh Pub has good beer. All 3 of those places are in a row up Mason-Montgomery a ways.

For pub grub, over at Fields-Ertel and Montgomery Rd. is Toot's, a good beer/wings/burger place. And if I recall correctly, there is a pub up by King's Island on Western Row that is pretty decent. It used to be called Crossroads but don't know what it is now. On 741 is Tabby's. It used to be pretty good too but I think its gotten a little nasty.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    First major obvious one would be to go to Kings Island.
    IIRC, Kings Island doesn't open until the 17th of April.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    And if I recall correctly, there is a pub up by King's Island on Western Row that is pretty decent. It used to be called Crossroads but don't know what it is now. On 741 is Tabby's. It used to be pretty good too but I think its gotten a little nasty.

Yep, it's now called Eli's but it hasn't changed a bit. It is like a small scale BW3's where you order at the counter and they bring it to you when it's ready

If you head west on Tylersville Rd for about 10 minutes or so you will run into just about every restaurant you could want. Brazenhead, City Barbecue, Bonefish, good pizza place called Dewey's, Five Guys, etc. Its probably only 15 minutes away from where you are staying.

Turn Off Ads?