Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saturday 3/20 Game thread (and Chat)

Re: Saturday 3/20 Game thread (and Chat)

Yep. All scrubs behind a AAA pitching staff, for the most part. All the veterans must have begged off the watch March Madness. (Votto, of course, didn't care because he's Canadian.)

2. Turn Off Ads?

I will say... Not being able to steal on a Wellenmyer/Molina battery doesn't endear Aaron Miles to me...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

The E at 2B, too, makes me hope Dusty picks someone else.

And for anybody not watching today, the double play that Francisco hit into took one heck of a play by the first baseman... He SMOKED the ball down the line but it was gloved...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    The E at 2B, too, makes me hope Dusty picks someone else.
    If Miles ends up making the team he will without a doubt become RZ #1 whipping boy at the first sign of struggles.On the bright side I would much rather have that honor bestowed upon a backup/utility IF then the everyday starting CF.

Miles may have the weakest arm I've ever seen too. I'd honestly rather have Chris Burke on the team.

ST numbers, as far as I'm concerned, don't mean too much. Unless of course you're one of the players trying to make the squad.

It's nothing more then a conditioning program, getting in your reps, building up your endurance, and getting ready for the regular season.

A team's performance in ST certainly is not any indication of how they will perform in the regular season.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

My impressions:

Wood got the ball up too much. The changeup is impressive. I was surprised he didn't use it more, but it's probably good he's working on other stuff. I think he just needs seasoning to smooth out his command.

Leake looked better than the numbers indicate. He should have been out of an inning or two earlier than he was. The usual stuff we've heard about him -- nice array of pitches, good movement -- was on display. I think he may be a tad closer than Wood, but we'll see.

Ondrusek had the best day of anyone in a Reds uni. Got several swings and misses. I hope they're giving him a legit shot -- over Burton.

Very few good swings on the day. Francisco, Janish, Votto and Nix hit the ball hardest. Frazier had one bad AB and one good one. Cozart and Dorn, not great.

Burke made a solid play in CF, while Miles looked shaky. Will be interesting to see how the bench shakes out. I'm doubtful Miles is the best option right now.

All,

As a result of this situation, effective immediately, all ORG members will be able to start game threads. The primary reason this rule was implemented in the first place was to ensure we didn't have hours and hours of the same old lineup bashing threads 162 days a year - as was the case prior to the rule being created. However, it's dependent on a moderator being around to approve it, and I'm sorry that no one approved the game threads the past two days, so I have decided to get rid of this rule. That being said, continue to not post the initial game thread prior to the lineups being posted for each game. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks, Boss!

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Thanks Boss.

And what you state (below) needs to be reiterated to anyone wishing to start a GT.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    continue to not post the initial game thread prior to the lineups being posted for each game.
    Simply out of courtesy, anyone who wants to start a GT should also take the time to post the lineups before members start screaming "who's starting!" :
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Thanks Boss.

And what you state (below) needs to be reiterated to anyone wishing to start a GT.

Simply out of courtesy, anyone who wants to start a GT should also take the time to post the lineups before members start screaming "who's starting!" :
    Thanks, Boss! While I understand the reason for what you did originally, I think this is the better choice. And I agree w/ what GAC said...if you start the GT, only do so w/ the lineups at least.

Turn Off Ads?