Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Firefox

Firefox

I have Firefox(3.5) for my browser. My AVG antivirus expired last week and I purchased a new version ( 9.0). AVG worked great and I had no computer issues to speak of. I have tried to enter this updated version on Firefox for a week now to no avail. Firefox will not let me download ANYTHING not just AVG.
    THis is what I get...
    Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at download.avg.com.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
    moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Firefox

I used to go to my brother the computer wiz for these types of issues but he passed away almost 2 years ago. I have googled this issue and none of the other suggestions do anything on my system. I have even tried 3rd party download managers and get nowhere.Suggestions??

Have you tried another browser such as opera or chrome? or even a new version of IE?
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Have you tried another browser such as opera or chrome? or even a new version of IE?
    How do I do that?? I can't download anything?

wait, you can't download anything? that isn't an FF issue IMO. and you should have IE if its a windows machine.

But if you can't download ANYTHING, you have a serious malware issue. probably.
    Suck it up cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    How do I do that?? I can't download anything?
    Are you saying you can't download anything only or is it you can't even connect to the internet. Both may be due to the protection setting in AVG. I don't use AVG but I know with Norton there is a setting which basically sets up a protection cookie which needs to be disabled. Do you have some kind of settings access to AVG? The other suggestion is to roll back your AVG version to see if that solves the problem.

Sorry can't be of any further help.

Turn Off Ads?