Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Brandon McCarthy

Brandon McCarthy

Rangers optioned RHP Brandon McCarthy to Triple-A Oklahoma City.

McCarthy was done in by two things: his extremely poor spring and the Rangers' other young, promising pitchers. He wasn't bad during his time last year, but he'd given up 11 runs in his 12 1/3 innings and walked nearly as many as he'd stuck out this spring, and with Colby Lewis among others making a strong push for the rotation, he just couldn't afford to rest on last season's laurels. He'll start the year at Triple-A Oklahoma City, but there are a few teams in need of starters and McCarthy is a very usable option. Don't be surprised if he's dealt early in the season.
    from rotoworld.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Reds try and swing a deal for him. He's always been at least an average starter, maybe a move to the NL and new scenery could help.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brandon McCarthy

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    from rotoworld.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Reds try and swing a deal for him. He's always been at least an average starter, maybe a move to the NL and new scenery could help.
    A change of scenery could help him, but he's a fly ball pitcher that doesn't miss bats. GABP would be a very bad fit.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

As a Reds fan it is nice to finally say, "The guys we have are better than him, all of them."
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

As big as a fan as I am of Brandon McCarthy, the Reds have better, younger arms right now.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Yeah, for once, we don't need starting pitching.

Wait, did I just write that? Hold on, I can't be serious. Someone has stolen my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    from rotoworld.

How about we stop picking up other teams' garbage for a change? I know it seems like forever, but we actually have some pitching depth this season. Let's run with that before we try to find the next Pete Schourek.
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. -- Terrance Mann (Field of Dreams)

Turn Off Ads?