Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oregon Ducks ready to make Tom Izzo the highest paid coach in the NCAA...

Oregon Ducks ready to make Tom Izzo the highest paid coach in the NCAA...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Oregon Ducks ready to make Tom Izzo the highest paid coach in the NCAA...

Not going to happen. Why leave Michigan State when you have coached two teams to the Final Four or Championship Game two years in a row.

This is this year's equivalent of the T Boone Pickens money from Oklahoma State.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Double the salary? He would have to at least consider it. Plus with the relative weakness of the PAC 10...

But I doubt he goes. He's proven enough for Michigan State to pay him whatever he wants. Plus he's a Michigan guy.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Retired

He'll use it as leverage to get more money from MSU, but he isn't going anywhere.

I once saw a copy of Izzo's contract online. When everything was factored into the equation (salary, bonuses, shoes, media deal, vehicles, annuities, etc...), he was making something like $11 million per year.

He must have punted on Oregon's offer, because it sounds like their man-crush has moved to Orlando Tubby Smith at this time (AD connection).
    Last edited by Blimpie; 03-30-2010 at 06:17 PM.

As an Oregonian I have to say the U of O's athletic department is way out of control.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post

He must have punted on Oregon's offer, because it sounds like their man-crush has moved to Orlando Tubby Smith at this time (AD connection).
    That's who it was always rumored to be to begin with.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Report: Oregon to hire Creighton's Altman as next head coach

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/t...spx?id=4306768

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post

The athletic director's quote from the press conference, "Well after the first 19 guys turned us down, we knew Dana Altman was the man for us."
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    The athletic director's quote from the press conference, "Well after the first 19 guys turned us down, we knew Dana Altman was the man for us."
    Heh. The last time Altman was going to move somewhere he took the Arkansas gig and then changed his mind a day later and went back to Creighton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Heh. The last time Altman was going to move somewhere he took the Arkansas gig and then changed his mind a day later and went back to Creighton.
    He's lucky he got the second chance. I doubt he'll change his mind this time.

I'm not sure a guy has ever gone back to his original university and had the same level of success once he went back like that.

I'm thinking of Dakitch going back to Bowling Green and Altman going back to Creighton.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I can't believe he said that, even if kidding.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    I can't believe he said that, even if kidding.
    No Macro, I was joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post

And Greg McDermott gets out of Iowa State - where he was probably going to be fired sooner rather than later - and takes the Creighton job.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Does Oregon even have an athletic director? I think the lack thereof was one of the problems they had in finding a new coach as other candidates may not have wanted a job where they did not know who their boss would be.

Turn Off Ads?