Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Confused about XM and MLB

Confused about XM and MLB

I just got XM in my car at Christmas time. I get several different MLB games to choose from on my radio in the car. I cant get WLW from where I sit at work and had assumed I could get games on my netbook computer. I tried but it said the channels I was trying to get online were not available online?!??They were on ch 187 that day. Why can I get these on my car XM but not on the computer???

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Confused about XM and MLB

MLB blackout rules and the fact that they sell subscriptions to listen to MLB online.

You can't even listen to the MLB channel.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Just making sure I understand...to get these games I need to subscribe to another service off of the service I already subscribe to???

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    Just making sure I understand...to get these games I need to subscribe to another service off of the service I already subscribe to???
    Right. I think MLB.com has its own deal for that.
    Or you can sit in your car, but I'm guessing that doesn't help.
    You could get a portable XM radio. I think they charge a small fee for having a 2nd radio and that might be cheaper than getting another subscription.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Yep. XM bought rights to re-transmit MLB broadcasts via satellite. It doesn't own the online rights.

As for me, I dropped XM (baseball was the primary reason I still had it) when the MLB.com iPhone app came out last year. Game audio is included, and I can get the Reds feed home or road.
    Not all who wander are lost

Turn Off Ads?