Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Was our defense the only good thing about us last year?

Was our defense the only good thing about us last year?

Just taking a quick look at fangraphs, looking at team rankings. Looking at the Reds' FIP (26th), ERA (9th) and BABIP (3rd), that seems a pretty dramatic indication that our defense was fantastic last year.

It's great that our defense is good, but it just troubles me because it looks like our pitching staff is nowhere near as good as we would all like to think it is. Cueto and Bailey, in particular, really trouble me because taking the year as whole, neither seemed to progress. Sure you can look at Cueto's first half and Bailey's finish as evidence, but that's just picking and choosing samples. Harang and Arroyo trouble me as well, but since they're gone after this year, I'm not too concerned.

And don't even ask about our offense. Just bad.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Was our defense the only good thing about us last year?

You start with saying neither seemed to progress, then go right into how Bailey finished strong, isnt that progressing then?
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    You start with saying neither seemed to progress, then go right into how Bailey finished strong, isnt that progressing then?
    I suppose I meant on a year-to-year basis, but you're right, and Bailey did have better entire year last year than the year before. But it still was not a 'good' year.

the bullpen was one of the best in baseball

Joey Votto.

I swear after he bats I just cannot wait for the lineup to get back around to him. Love watching that guy play.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Joey Votto.

I swear after he bats I just cannot wait for the lineup to get back around to him. Love watching that guy play.
    Let's hope we can start saying the same thing about Jay Bruce this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones1 View Post
    the bullpen was one of the best in baseball
    Hear! Hear!

Our Catcher's were great Offensively and Defensively.

Turn Off Ads?