Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your plans for Opening Day?

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

What are your plans for Opening Day?

My wife & I are heading down for our 13th consecutive Opening Day game. We are taking our 1 year old son for his first (last year was too cold for him).

We usually park in the Newport garage and have lunch at Deweys before heading over. I'm thinking of trying to head down early and check out Mo, CTR and crew at Gameworks.

As heralded as the parade is, we've done it a few times, and I just don't think it is worth the hassle. Lots of traffic, parking is rough and it is crowded.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What are your plans for Opening Day?

My parents are in town for Easter weekend. I rarely get to see them so it is exciting. There are some mobility issues involved so we won't be attending the game. We are going to sit on the couch and watch while eating some Queen City Hot Metts. Yum.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Working. Which is a bit unusual on Opening Day. Working a "real" job anyway.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

I am skipping my classes on Monday, to spend the greatest time a kid could ever spend with his dad. Opening Day is something we have shared for as long as I can remember. Don't give me the "you really shouldn't skip class" speech. You are speaking to deaf ears here.
    WE DON'T, WE DON'T, WE DON'T MESS AROUND HEY!

Quote Originally Posted by fugowitribe View Post
    I am skipping my classes on Monday, to spend the greatest time a kid could ever spend with his dad. Opening Day is something we have shared for as long as I can remember. Don't give me the "you really shouldn't skip class" speech. You are speaking to deaf ears here.
    I've worked in education for years and will never give that speech. Some of the most important lessons are learned outside of the classroom, and it appears you've already learned one of them. Spend time with your dad, you will never regret it.

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

Last year me and my dad went to OD. As we all know, the weather wasn't the greatest. It was a fun experience, even if a bit cold, but this year we will be going to more games instead of OD.

So, MY PLANS FOR OPENING DAY 2010:

Wake. Eat Breakfast. Make it a short day of school (I'm doing an at-home DVD program), and be ready for the the day by 11. Watch parade on TV (being broadcast on Local 12 and also on FOX19.com). Flip to MLB Tonight for half an hour at noon, before going to FSO at 12:30 for Reds Live. Remain on FSO HD for several hours to watch Reds kill Cards 6-4.

Have a lecture I can actually make, then skipping my other two lectures to watch the game in the dorm room.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Having my 4th annual Opening Day cookout and cornhole tournament. Basically a bunch of people come over, the true Reds fans park themselves in front of my TV to watch the game while the others play cornhole in the back yard. Once the game is over, the tournament begins. The prize? A Louisville Slugger that everyone who has attended in the last 3 years has signed. Winner gets to keep it until the following year Opening Day, then it's up for grabs again.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Not too sure yet. I am probably working until 11ish and then heading down somewhere to grab a bite to eat and a beer or two. Hopefully I will head to the stadium to take in enough of the OD festivities.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I'm working all day but we're having our annual Opening Day cookout for lunch there and everyone also gets to wear their Reds gear to work. I plan to listen to the game on WLW in the afternoon and then watch my recording of the game when I get home (as long as it's a good game....I just can't watch a beat down after the fact, LOL).
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Watching the game on ESPN
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Unfortunately I have to work but I am hoping I can at least listen to most of it until I have to go to a meeting that is scheduled right in the middle of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Unfortunately I have to work but I am hoping I can at least listen to most of it until I have to go to a meeting that is scheduled right in the middle of the game.
    Me too.

Just landed two tickets.... but I have yet to find someone to go with. Shouldn't be too hard to do this weekend. I will be heading down with my best friends dad and uncle (best friend gets back from Iraq at the end of April or he would be going with us) and whoever I decide to take with me. Going to take lots of pictures, video, eat a hot dog or three, enjoy a coke and just sit back and smell baseball for the first time in months. I simply can't wait.

The family and I are renting a cabin down in SE Ohio nest week (my youngest is on spring break). So we'll probably be traipsing on a some park path somewhere.

I'll try to catch the score when I can. I'm a little bummed to miss it.

Pay attention to the open sky

Turn Off Ads?