Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bats Lineup

Bats Lineup

We have talked about this, but how can you not love that lineup in Louisville. Most prospects on a Reds Triple-A team in 30 years.

Assuming after today's cuts it will look like this:

1B Alonso
    2B Valaika
    SS Cozart
    3B Frazier, Sutton, or Burke (maybe Francisco in a couple weeks)
    OF Frazier or Dorn
    OF Heisey
    OF Anderson
    C Miller, Castillo

SP: Chapman, Wood, Maloney, Lehr, Lecure (Jukich close to being ready)
    Pen: Burton, Fisher, Viola, Del Rosario

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bats Lineup

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    We have talked about this, but how can you not love that lineup in Louisville. Most prospects on a Reds Triple-A team in 30 years.

Assuming after today's cuts it will look like this:

1B Alonso
    2B Valaika
    SS Cozart
    3B Frazier, Sutton, or Burke (maybe Francisco in a couple weeks)
    OF Frazier or Dorn
    OF Heisey
    OF Anderson
    C Miller, Castillo

SP: Chapman, Wood, Maloney, Lehr, Lecure (Jukich close to being ready)
    Pen: Burton, Fisher, Viola, Del Rosario
    I don't see Anderson getting a lot of time
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Denove has earned his spot at Louisville. But Miller may take it as veteran AAA insurance.

Denove has earned his spot at Louisville. But Miller may take it as veteran AAA insurance.
    If they move Castillo around alot a get him 400-500 ABs, as I think they should, Denove could stay at Louisville.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Denove could play in Triple-A. But they released Bour. I am not sure who would be in Double-A. They have Yarbrough. I think Yarbrough and Denove might have to be the two in Double-A. Not sure what they are doing with McMurray. His defense allows him to perform as a #2 at pretty much any level. He could be in Carolina or Lynchburg.

Anderson is a very good player. He is not a prospect, but as of this moment, he has the most developed all-around game of that group of outfielders. If they needed a short-term call-up for 10-14 days to be a back-up, and had an opening on the 40-man, I think he would be the guy.
    Last edited by redsof72; 04-03-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Denove could play in Triple-A. But they released Bour. I am not sure who would be in Double-A. They have Yarbrough. I think Yarbrough and Denove might have to be the two in Double-A. Not sure what they are doing with McMurray. His defense allows him to perform as a #2 at pretty much any level. He could be in Carolina or Lynchburg.

Anderson is a very good player. He is not a prospect, but as of this moment, he has the most developed all-around game of that group of outfielders. If they needed a short-term call-up for 10-14 days to be a back-up, and had an opening on the 40-man, I think he would be the guy.
    I'm interested in how the catchers will sort out.

MLB: Hernanez, Hanigan
    AAA: Miller, Yarbrough, Castillo
    AA: Denove and Mesoraco? and Long?
    A+: Coddington, Weems and Soto? Maybe a little bit of time for Day?
    A-:Fleury, McMurray and Wideman
    R+: Viscioso and Manz
    R-: Barnhardt, Gonzalez and Ortuno

I'd say Long is in danger of being cut loose. Anybody I'm missing? Kind of a crowd at high A and guys who will be stretched at AA.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Mesoraco to high A. Coddington to Dayton.

How big of a surprise would it be if Alonso started the season in Carolina?

A large one. Are you hearing something?

Considering he has spent very little time there, not a big surprise at all

Jason Bour was cut? Didn't see that coming. I expected Jake Long to get cut before he did.

Is there any place online to see who else was cut besides Baseball America?

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post
    Considering he has spent very little time there, not a big surprise at all
    To me, the fact that they sent him to AAA to help them in the playoffs last season makes it a real interesting choice to send him to AA to begin the year. While he only spent a little bit of time in AA last season the Reds clearly thought he could help the AAA team last season. Not really sure what has changed that would send him to AA this season between now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    To me, the fact that they sent him to AAA to help them in the playoffs last season makes it a real interesting choice to send him to AA to begin the year. While he only spent a little bit of time in AA last season the Reds clearly thought he could help the AAA team last season. Not really sure what has changed that would send him to AA this season between now and then.
    Chapman.

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Chapman.
    A pitcher means a first baseman goes to AA?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    A pitcher means a first baseman goes to AA?
    Thought you were talking about Klinker.

Turn Off Ads?