Turn Off Ads?

Thread: NYT: Reds will win NL Central

NYT: Reds will win NL Central

Per NY Times....

National League Central

1. Reds – With Homer Bailey and Aroldis Chapman, the potential is there for a stingy rotation if they can handle the cozy home ballpark. Their infield is terrific, Joey Votto is a star, and Jay Bruce has a chance to be a difference-maker.

http://bats.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/0...e-predictions/

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."...George Orwell

"George Bush is a fan of mine...he came to see me in the 70's. His coke dealer brought him."...Bette Midler

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NYT: Reds will win NL Central

I normally don't pay too much attention to pre-season predictions.. but you gotta like this one. I hope it comes true.

Tulowitzki winning MVP?

Redlegs_87

I would be happy with just being in contention and a winning season. A post season birth would make me ecstatic.

Aside from the high praise for the Reds, the best (most satisfying) line in the article:

4. Cubs – They built their franchise around Alfonso Soriano, who in 2010 will begin making $18 million annually for the next five seasons. He’s 34, doesn’t run much anymore, and had a .303 on-base percentage last season. The Cubs also have serious bullpen issues.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knightro28 View Post
    Aside from the high praise for the Reds, the best (most satisfying) line in the article:

4. Cubs – They built their franchise around Alfonso Soriano, who in 2010 will begin making $18 million annually for the next five seasons. He’s 34, doesn’t run much anymore, and had a .303 on-base percentage last season. The Cubs also have serious bullpen issues.

Gammons said the Reds will win the NL Wild Card on MLB Network this evening.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Not a big fan of the times but particularly nice after my uncle (who knows the Reds well and is accurate on them usually) told me he thought they were going to be bad pitching and bad hitting team. I don't know.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

It's a weak division. Anything could happen. Alot of "IF's" but even if some of those fall in the right direction, there isn't any single team that is CLEARLY better than us. The Cardinals are good, but top heavy. If any of their main guys get hurt, they are in major trouble.

Noone else scares me.

bump

I like looking up stuff from the beginning of the season and reading about them now

This was definitely a cool find.

wow. Good predictions lol
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Turn Off Ads?