Cabrera 6
    Votto 3
    Phillips 4
    Rolen 5
    Bruce 9
    Nix 7
    Hernandez 2
    Harang RHP

Straight platoon in center and left? Hmmm. I was really looking forward to seeing more Drew Stubbs and less Laynce Nix.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Opening Day Lineup 2010

So I guess Drew Stubbs did not win the centerfield job. Is this a trend or is this because of Chris Carpenter? Dickerson is 5 for 10 off of Carpenter. Not bad. Stubbs is 1 for 3, Gomes is 0 for 4 with 2 so, Nix is 1 for 7 with a homerun.
    Last edited by kfm; 04-04-2010 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Added info

Wow total disbelief. I dont hate nix but out of all the options he should be dead last. No way stubbs after hitting .350 and last i heard tied for homeruns in spring training should not be starting. Wow just wow.

I hate this lineup. This is opening day and the best players should play regardless of who is pitching. Stubbs> Nix.

Was it just me or did Drew Stubbs go on an absolute hot streak to end spring training?

I remember when Dickerson made some drama early on about not getting considered for the centerfield position. At the time, he was raking, Stubbs was hitting worse than Taveras. But that was like 5-10 games into spring training. Final spring training #'s-

Stubbs .300/.354/.700 (!!!)
    Dickerson .288/.327/.462

Dumb decision Dusty. Stick with the hot hand, regardless of platoons/splits.

And all of that is just my opinion between Stubbs and Dickerson in center. Obviously there are 3 positions in the outfield, and I don't even want to go into Dickerson vs. Nix.
    Last edited by Knightro28; 04-04-2010 at 06:18 PM.

It is pretty clear from the numbers that Dickerson should be in the lineup against Carpenter. He has 5 hits in 10 at bats. The argument is really stubbs vs. Nix.

Quote Originally Posted by kfm View Post
    It is pretty clear from the numbers that Dickerson should be in the lineup against Carpenter. He has 5 hits in 10 at bats. The argument is really stubbs vs. Nix.
    You are right about that. I guess I'm just saying that Stubbs has done everything possible to deserve a starting role, not only with his bat, but with elite defense. Dickerson should get time (no question), but in left field. Nix should only come off of the bench. My opinion is this...

Stubbs > Dickerson
    Dickerson > Nix
    Stubbs >> Nix

Stubbs earned the opening day job, dickerson should have been in left. I know it's just the first game but I will be extremely displeased if this continues. Stubbs needs to play everyday.

Just prepare for another year of questioning and second guessing Dusty's lineups all year. I cannot believe Nix is starting on opening day for us. Nix blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightro28 View Post
    You are right about that. I guess I'm just saying that Stubbs has done everything possible to deserve a starting role, not only with his bat, but with elite defense. Dickerson should get time (no question), but in left field. Nix should only come off of the bench. My opinion is this...

Stubbs > Dickerson
    Dickerson > Nix
    Stubbs >> Nix
    I would start Stubbs and Dickerson. If this is a one game thing, I guess I can live with it, but if this is a trend it is very dissappointing. Now that I have voiced my displeasure, Nix will probably go 3 for 4 with a homerun and 3 rbi.

I am extremely dissapointed if this is in fact the OD lineup. Harang starting,------------how deep might the 1st inning hole be? (I hope I'm Wrong). Wunderkind Stubbs and best power indicator Gomes not in the line-up?

I dont understand why Dusty goes by platoons so much but insist on batting Phillips where he does every day. I like Dickerson but Stubbs shouldnt be sitting for Nix especially considering how bad Nix has been for his whole career. Hey at least Cairo isnt in there.

You never know if one won the job or not. If I'm not mistaken, Darnell McDonald started opening day last year. Perhaps there was a reason (I think Taveras was injured or sick or something). Either way, the opening day lineup doesn't always indicate who are the "everyday starters", especially with Baker.

Oh and you just knew Dusty would start dickerson after our awesome last rate media brought up Dickerson was hitting well in spring. I bet Dusty still thinks Dickerson out hit Stubbs.

Best of all Nix is 1-7 against Carpenter lol

Quote Originally Posted by double21d View Post
    You never know if one won the job or not. If I'm not mistaken, Darnell McDonald started opening day last year. Perhaps there was a reason (I think Taveras was injured or sick or something). Either way, the opening day lineup doesn't always indicate who are the "everyday starters", especially with Baker.
    Yea I remember when McDonald was awful and misread like 3 fly balls in that game.

Turn Off Ads?