Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lincoln... was that a bad late april Fools Joke.

Lincoln... was that a bad late april Fools Joke.

I cant believe Lincoln even made the team.

But in a 2 run game on OPENING DAY! Why oh why on opening day woud you put in your worst bullpen reliever. Not to mention pulling harang early for him for no reason.

Im just speechless. Cant really even put into words very well what kind of thought process that was.

When it happened i just felt like we were giving up on the game already.

BAD BAD BAD DUSTY! :thumbdown

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lincoln... was that a bad late april Fools Joke.

One word or name

DUSTY

Resident PED Expert

I have to agree. Lincoln should be your 5th man out of the bullpen. After Massett, Ondrusek, Herrera and Rhodes. Why would the last reliever to make the team be the first outta the bullpen. 3 to 1 odds he is DFA or DL'd by the end of April.

Maybe if he gets roughed up a few times like that they'll crack and do something about him. No excuse for bringing him in when they did.

I'd like to introduce you to the Cincinnati Reds organiZation and their manager, Dusty Baker.
    "Why's he keep callin' me meat? I'm the guy drivin' a Porsche." - Calvin LaLoosh

Moneyball = Mulder, Hudson, Zito

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Stinkin' Lincoln....he's just makin' it do what it do.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Dusty has a way of getting his worse players in games more than he should. Are we surprised he brought lincoln in?

Yep.

So let me get this straight, he wants to "protect" Stubbs and his fragile ego, by not starting him against Carpenter. (let CDick start 0-4 with 2k's instead, then Stubbs can sub for Nix later and go 2-2 with 1r, 1 rbi).

But, he'll bring Lincoln in and ask him to pitch to Pujols.

GREAT Strategerie!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Im baffled!

imo this is whole new low for Crusty:thumbdown

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    Yep.

So let me get this straight, he wants to "protect" Stubbs and his fragile ego, by not starting him against Carpenter. (let CDick start 0-4 with 2k's instead, then Stubbs can sub for Nix later and go 2-2 with 1r, 1 rbi).

But, he'll bring Lincoln in and ask him to pitch to Pujols.

GREAT Strategerie!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    Mather, Rasmus and Frease weren't receiving any ego support from LaRussa, were they?

He had a 8.22 ERA last season, around a 6 ERA in spring training this year. What has he ever done to warrant getting a spot on the opening day roster, and worse yet, playing on opening day when it's still a close game?

I didn't understand why Baker wanted to concede the loss already when we were only down by 2. Everyone knows the game is over once Lincoln comes in. I will just never understand Baker's terrible decisions.

I cant stand Lincoln being on this team which is the final decsion of the general manager and I think they will eventually be forced to DFA him. Having said that he is a bad middle reliever and if he is going to pitch, the sixth inning or earlier is when he is going to pitch and he almost pitched in the fifth inning. So I don't really have a problem with him bringing him into the game at that point. Having said that, if we are going to freak out over everything an entire one game into the season, I would be more concerned about Nick Massett giving up a grand slam when the game was still in reach, I mean if we want to actually look at player performance. Bullpen guys are the hardest to predict and he has had only one good year of excellent production. Just look at Jared Burton. Masset's performance is far more important than what crappy middle reliever comes into the sixth inning of one of 162 games.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I was ranting and raving about this as well. lincoln is worthless and I don't get the move. He's been miserable for the better part of 3 years.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by kfm View Post
    Having said that, if we are going to freak out over everything an entire one game into the season, I would be more concerned about Nick Massett giving up a grand slam when the game was still in reach, I mean if we want to actually look at player performance. Bullpen guys are the hardest to predict and he has had only one good year of excellent production. Just look at Jared Burton. Masset's performance is far more important than what crappy middle reliever comes into the sixth inning of one of 162 games.
    ummm no your mistaken.

Lincoln has BEEN bad.

If we were freaking over masset than maybe your argument makes sense. because this is one bad game for him. We can still hope for the best on him. Lincoln is a lost cause.

Yea put me in the group that isnt worried about Masset and wont be unless hes still struggling a couple weeks from now.

Turn Off Ads?