Turn Off Ads?

Thread: does anyone know anything about the kid that got hit by a foul ball today?

does anyone know anything about the kid that got hit by a foul ball today?

I was a few rows away from this little kid when he got nail by a line drive down the 1st base line today. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this kid and if he is doing alright. He was knocked out and for a second I thought he was dead. Thankfully he looked to be at least decent when he was taken out by paramedics a few minutes later but man that was a nasty shot. Any updates would be awesome.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: does anyone know anything about the kid that got hit by a foul ball today?

No idea, first I have heard of it. Was at a game years back with my dad, a kid sitting near us got hit by a foulball, kid was crying and his dad started freaking out, asking everyone why they couldnt help him avoid getting hit, someone responded it wasnt our business to teach that guys son to watch the game.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

I always wanted to get a foul ball when I was a kid. One day when I was 12, and sitting in the loge (green seats) behind home plate with my trusty glove on, there came a foul ball missile. It hits this kid right in the chest a couple rows behind us and bounces straight to my dad. Yay! I am going to get a foul ball! My dad looks at me and then looks back at this kid who by now is sobbing. They lift this kid's t-shirt and there is an imprint of the baseball. Yikes! My dad tosses the ball to the kid's father. The kid, still sobbing, smiles. I have to admit I was kinda bummed at first. But it was the right thing to do. Still waiting on my first foul ball.

Good move by your dad Dave, even though sure it was hard to swallow at that time. I work with kids through Juv justice, took a group of kids a few years back. One of our kids (15 years old) caught a foul ball, lady behind starting chewing him out to give it to her kid was with a group of kids with mental health issues), he was already in the process of giving it to him-I asked the lady to learn a lesson from the kid, as he was making the right move on his own and she was the one acting like a kid.
    In another story, was walking up to a Bulls agema a few years back, coming in from parking behind left field. We were late after fighting traffic, game had already started, heard crack of bat, roar of the crowd, and looked up to see a homer clearing the wall and coming towards us. Ball landed right in front of my-on the concrete-and bounced up and busted my shin open.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

By the replies (or lack there of) on this thread, it looks as though things are kept quiet concerning these type of events.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Only experience I've ever had with a foul ball was getting hit by an Adam Dunn scorcher while vending. Couldn't even ask for the ball cause I was "on the job"

Had a bruise, the seams embedded in my back, and a good story to tell for a week though

My friend said it made the evening news though I never saw it on TV lol

Turn Off Ads?