Turn Off Ads?

Thread: All Louisville Bats home games to be televised!

All Louisville Bats home games to be televised!

Copied from Business First of Louisville:

The Wazoo Sports broadcasting network has reached a deal with the Louisville Bats baseball club to televise all of the team’s home games in the 2010 season.

The Louisville Bats are the Triple-A affiliate of Major League Baseball’s Cincinnati Reds.

A total of 55 of the games will be live. The remaining 17 games will be shown on a delayed basis, according to a news release from Wazoo Sports. The season opener will be Wednesday, April 14.

The Bats games will be shown over the air on WHAS-TV’s digital channel 11.3 and on Insight cable channel 524 in Louisville. They also will be shown on various cable and digital channels across Kentucky (Click here for a full listing).

In addition to live and delayed broadcasts, Wazoo will replay Bats games each day at 4 p.m., according to the release.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: All Louisville Bats home games to be televised!

I hope this doesn't mean that the Louisville area will be subject to an MiLB.TV blackout for home games.

Here's a list of Wazoo sports stations:

http://www.wazoosports.com/programmi...nnelguide.html

BTW, On Insight cable, it should be channel 531, not 524.

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    I hope this doesn't mean that the Louisville area will be subject to an MiLB.TV blackout for home games.

Here's a list of Wazoo sports stations:

http://www.wazoosports.com/programmi...nnelguide.html

BTW, On Insight cable, it should be channel 531, not 524.
    I called the bats, and they said that there will still be Milb.tv without blackouts, and this will be a simulcast of the radio broadcast (By Matt Andrews) with video, just like in past years of milb.tv (but, I would assume, tv quality video).

Quote Originally Posted by batsfan View Post
    I called the bats, and they said that there will still be Milb.tv without blackouts, and this will be a simulcast of the radio broadcast (By Matt Andrews) with video, just like in past years of milb.tv (but, I would assume, tv quality video).
    Good news. And I was hoping it would mean that the quality of the cameras used would be improved. At least the CF camera.

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    Good news. And I was hoping it would mean that the quality of the cameras used would be improved. At least the CF camera.
    Yes this needs to be done very badly. It was so bad at times last year you had to really try to see some stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Yes this needs to be done very badly. It was so bad at times last year you had to really try to see some stuff.
    Hopefully it will, but the lack of quality was partly because the milb.tv stream was not full quality. I imagine that it will be the quality shown on the Louisville Slugger Field video board, which is better.

Turn Off Ads?