Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Jay Bruce makes boy's wish come true through Make-A-Wish Foundation

Jay Bruce makes boy's wish come true through Make-A-Wish Foundation

Nice story from Tom Ramstetter in the Cincinnati Enquirer:

Tyler Roope, 12, who suffers from the neuromuscular disease Spinal Muscular Atrophy, played catch with Reds outfielder Jay Bruce before the Reds hosted the Chicago Cubs. It was Tyler’s wish made possible by the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

“When they revealed that he got his wish, he could not contain the smile on his face,” Jim Roope said. “I saw the same smile (Friday) putting that uniform on him and when Jay walked out and they made eye contact. I think those are the three biggest smiles I’ve seen on his face, ever.”
    full story:
    http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...ish+comes+true

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jay Bruce makes boy's wish come true through Make-A-Wish Foundation

During yesterday's broadcast, Thom Brennaman remarked a couple of times how many nice and humble young men we have on this team. I don't know, but it makes me even more proud to be a fan of this team.

“It means everything to me,” Bruce said. “It’s such a humbling experience to see something like that and to hopefully make a bright spot in their day and in their life. For them to get enjoyment out of this stuff is really special to me.”
    Looks like a ballplayer that's got his head screwed on right. From what I've seen from Jay, I don' think we'll see him grow out of it either. I'm very impressed.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deepred05 View Post
    During yesterday's broadcast, Thom Brennaman remarked a couple of times how many nice and humble young men we have on this team. I don't know, but it makes me even more proud to be a fan of this team.
    I agree and quite frankly, it makes me root harder for them knowing how hard they work, how much they want to succeed, and yet how humble and quiet most of them are about what they do for a living. We have a great group of young (and older!) men on this team and I want so badly for them to have a good year this year.

Really great read and I'm glad to see Jay help this boy out. What a great gesture.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Turn Off Ads?