Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enough Love of Pujols Already - No More!

Enough Love of Pujols Already - No More!

Yes, it's all fine and dandy to tip your cap, and yesterday's performance was worthy in a sense, but I'm sick of the praise, and I'm sick of the "thank you sir may I have another!" effect.

Yes Pujols is great, not good. Yes, he's a HOFer. Yes, he's a good man (apparently). There are almost no bad things you can say about him, EXCEPT! that he's an ever-lovin' St. Louis Cardinal and he routinely beats the Reds, preferably with 40k + in the stands!

I'm done with it, I hope you're done with it, I hope Marty, Jeff, Welsh, and every media guy is done with it. What has to be said, HAS BEEN SAID 100 TIMES.

It's time for the city and the team to get tough and contend this year, and that means beating Pujols in every way possible. When he beats us, let's lay off the effusive "may I have another" praise. If you should boo anyone, it should be Pujols when he's in town.

But, for all our generosity, here's what he repays:

“You’ve got that crowd going in the first inning, you want to find a way to calm them down,” Pujols said. “That’s what we did.”
    He ruined Opening Day, folks. 'Nough said.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Enough Love of Pujols Already - No More!

We beat on pujols a few games last year.

Hes not going to hit 2 homers every game.

The media will end up turning on Pujols when it comes out that he juiced. I'm not a fan of Pujols, and get sick of hearing about him too, but it's more the Reds fault for pitching to him than it is the media for hyping him. You don't let another teams best player beat you, make Holliday do it, not saying he can't, but you still look smarter that way.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Well.... he is the greatest hitter of both of our lifetimes. I don't think there are enough things that can be said about him. He is 30, he won't be around forever. We're all getting older fast.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Hes not going to hit 2 homers every game.
    Thank god.

The media will end up turning on Pujols when it comes out that he juiced. I'm not a fan of Pujols, and get sick of hearing about him too, but it's more the Reds fault for pitching to him than it is the media for hyping him. You don't let another teams best player beat you, make Holliday do it, not saying he can't, but you still look smarter that way.
    I know, I keep waiting to see him turn into Tiger Woods and Barry Bonds all in one. That would be heaven, but I don't see it happening.

In terms of the media hyping him, I think it's been a slow transition. It's a coping mechanism now. There used to be more frustration, now it's just resignation and almost reverence. We're converts to Pujolsism. That's great for some, but we're not 20 years from now looking back. This is 2010 and I'd like the Reds to win, preferably at this point by dominating so-called "Albert the Great".

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Well.... he is the greatest hitter of both of our lifetimes. I don't think there are enough things that can be said about him. He is 30, he won't be around forever. We're all getting older fast.
    I know that excites me too, but I'd rather say that discretely after 7 beers and a NL Central title than just remind everybody every base hit he gets (Welsh).

30 is young. Think, in 2017 he'll likely still be ripping it up. I'm not holding my breath. Nor am I going to try wasting it on effusive praise. He's great, not good. No debate. Enough! Just win! End the endless Albert Pujols victory lap!

Forget Albert Pujols and the steroid-carrying horse he rode in on. If there isn't a wishbone-C on the cap, then the player gets no love from me. We're trying to win a division here.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Forget Albert Pujols and the steroid-carrying horse he rode in on. If there isn't a wishbone-C on the cap, then the player gets no love from me.
    texasdave, you are a great Reds fan, cheers!

We're trying to win a division here.
    New signature, I like it.

Bean him.

I find it a bit hard to believe he hasnt juiced.

people talk about griffey not juicing. griffey is believable.

Pujols looks no different than big mac and sosa did.

Pujols has reached Bonds level, where you simply expect every ball to leave the park. Let's treat him like Bonds and make Matt Holliday beat us.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

I like Pujols, I hate to admit.

But I have also wondered about him juicing. He continues to get bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger......

Probably HGH since they don't have a test for it.

In this day and age, you have to wonder about juicing when the most dominant player is extremely dominant.

LaRussa has already coddled one cheater, so he knows how to treat it.

I am without much knowledge on doping, but the numbers draw suspicion.

Our media ought to be pressing questions on him. Rile him up. Let him know he's not welcome or appreciated in Cincinnati.

It must feel great to be adored by your conquered minions, Fay, Marty, and Welsh.

They asked Bench yesterday to step into the Pujols party and he wouldn't do it, he's got too much pride and competitiveness. I'll have to dig up his quote.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

I'm a fan of greatness and love watching Pujols. It sucks to see it vs the Reds but it really made me feel like baseball was back seeing him hammer balls.

The cheating comments need to stop though. Stop being paranoid about HGH. HGH is not anabolic steroids!! It has very little if any growth effects in adults and will not turn you in to Lou Ferrigno. The testing is good enough that no one is getting away with the anabolic and androgenic substances from before. These players have unlimited resources as far as training equipment and staff. If there are gains in size, it's due to a player working his butt off for 5 or 6 months in the off-season.

Turn Off Ads?