Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doc Rogers Tearing Reds Apart

Doc Rogers Tearing Reds Apart

I'm just listening to Extra Innings on WLW and Doc Rogers is really ripping into the Reds for their decisions:

Hates the Chapman signing, he doesn't thing Chapman will ever amount to anything, and thinks the reds were very stupid to give him 30 million. He thinks they should have spent the money on a veteran starter.

Hates bringing up Leake to start. Thinks he should've started in AA. But, he does think Leake will have a better future then Chapman, as he says Leake has more then 1 pitch he can throw for strikes.

Hates starting Stubbs over Dickerson. Thinks Dickerson should be leading off everyday. Says don't fall in love with Stubbs over a hot streak.

Says the Reds should watch the Yankees and Red Sox to see how to run a franchise. And is predicting another losing season.

I mean he is really ripping the decisions.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Doc Rogers Tearing Reds Apart

Doc Rogers is a terrible host and failed at every aspect of major league baseball he ever attempted, including being a front office person so his judgement means very little to me.

Watch the Yankees and Red Sox to see how to operate a franchise?

Clearly, this guy knows nothing about how Major League Baseball operates.

I listened to him a few times last year, but when he couldn't even give the correct names for a couple Reds players, I realized how clueless he was. I mean, if you want some credibility, you have to prove you know what you are talking about. This guy is a joke.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Honestly, who's Doc Rogers in the scheme of things? That's what I'd say to him.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Using the Yankees and Red Sox as examples of how to run a franchise when they are two of the richest clubs in the league? Absolute genius Doc! Someone should tell you we are a small market club who tries to build a roster based off of value signings. Not dishing out 8000 million $$$ contracts.

Guy is as clueless as they come.

Wow, and I thought this thread would have some valid points about tonight's game - defense, veterans, etc.

Doc is just going for ratings here, I gotta think. Normally he's a pro-Reds guy through and through.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

Anyone who mentions starting Dickerson over Stubbs should no longer be qualified to talk baseball.

Doc is awful as a radio host. And not just awful, bland as all get-out. My guess is he knows he has to play the controversial host if he wants to stick around for awhile, so he starts making outrageous statements to try to get callers.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBuck View Post
    Anyone who mentions starting Dickerson over Stubbs should no longer be qualified to talk baseball.
    You just ruled out about 65% of this board - after Spring Training ended.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Don't know who he is, but he sounds like an idiot.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Don't know who he is, but he sounds like an idiot.
    Seasonal, part-time help for a radio station that's fired half its staff.

I don't agree with him much; but I have no problem listening to him.

Wow he must of been trying to get some people fired up to call in.

he's always (at times disgustingly) Pro-reds.

Two days ago he was praising dusty and calling people who hated on dusty hipocrits.

WLW would be better off running an hour of commercial jingles, than Doc Rodgers.

There were times last year that I thought he provided some decent insight. I heard some of his drivel last night and turned it off. You don't have to be a homer, but jeesh. He reads one negative scouting report from one unnamed scout on Chapman (of which we have no idea when it was given) and accepts it as gospel.

I heard a scouting report on Chapman in the spring that stated he had the best stuff on the team. Maybe I choose to go with that one.

Leake proved in spring training that he should at least get a chance. The same with Stubbs.

Doc is just one guy, another blowhard of many blowhards on WLW. At least, he lets you give an opinion and is not condescending when he disagrees with you. Take what he says with a grain of salt. Remember his job is move the meter -- comments like last night, move the meter.

Turn Off Ads?