I know it's early, but only one game so far this seson has the pen done its job. On Opening Day, it was horrid, and it's cost the Reds two more games beyond that little gem.
I know its early and sample size issues abound, but:
- Lincoln struggled mighily
- Masset looked even worse
- Cordero's not been exactly shut down
- Ondrusek couldn't throw strikes
- DRH failed against the Cardinals as a LOOGY
- Rhodes gave up the lead on a Jeff Baker (!) dinger today
Only Micah Owings has had what any of us might call a good start to the season.
But there is hope.
In 1999, the pen stared bad. Really bad. They gave up four games out of five to start the season.
What say you, Reds' fans? Too early to tell or a trend?