Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
Your swing looks good. Keep it up!
Had the best chance I'll ever have to post another score in the 60's. Played 36 on Sunday at Odyssey Golf Club , and started out just absolutely on fire.

Missed a 10 foot birdie on the first.
Made a 50 foot birdie putt on 2.
Made a 15 foot birdie putt on 3 (after hitting a wedge from the trees to 15 feet).
Parred 4.
Made a 30 foot eagle putt on 5.

There I was standing on #6 at -4, looking at a ten foot birdie putt. Hit a perfect putt, but it lipped out. Mis-clubbed on the next hole (par 3), flew the green, and made bogey. Parred 8 and 9 to tie my career low on 9 holes at 33. Bogied the first three holes on the back to quickly get back to level par. Got on the island green par 5 #16 in two, made birdie, but follwed it with a 3 putt bogey on 17, and a shanked sand wedge approach on 18 that led to a double. Absolute choke!

I'm mental about going below par. I was this way for years in my attempt to break 80, and I always psyched myself out. I've only shot 3 official rounds under par, and can't really explain why there haven't been more. I'm sure there aren't too many people out there that feel bad for me, and I don't blame you, but my desire to improve has never gone away. I'm trying so hard to take my game to that next level, and I just can't get past the mid 70's phase.