Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Golfers of RedsZone (aka War Stories from the Rough)

Re: Golfers of RedsZone (aka War Stories from the Rough)

anyone hit or have a review for this driver. Im thinkin about buying it just looking to see if anyone has any experience with it .

http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/clevel...er-driver.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

I've not touched a club since May and I just remembered I'm supposed to carry a foursome next week in a scramble. We'll see how this goes...
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Went to the range tonight, hit a bunch of balls just with my PW, 9, 8 7, and 5..... I think I've somewhat fixed my iron play with the help of my friend who is a pretty good golfer. He had be cover my thumb with the top hand, almost turn it over more when gripping the club, and grip it lighter. This was helping me close the club head and hit the ball straight and get more distance on my iron shots. Still hit some real bad ones, but for the most part I feel comfortable for my 9 holes... til I'm on the course tomorrow.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Just took my manager's money. Fired a 73 this afternoon after doubling the first hole, and four putting the 7th hole for a double. Also hit a par 5 in two, and missed my 2 foot birdie putt. I'm pretty happy with it, but can't believe I left that many shots out there. Haven't gone under in years, and when you make 5 birdies, you really should go under.

Heading up to play a course here in VA this weeked. Cant wait

Love this Golf Course.

http://www.poplargrovegolf.com/

Shot my lowest round of the year last night. Had a 73 with 1 double and 1 birdie. I missed a 8 foot eagle put on the last hole to shoot 72.

Technology has completely revolutionized the game of golf. I bought a Mizzuno hi-fli driving 2 iron earlier this year and I can hit that pretty accurately 250 off the tee. I also got a used Ping G10 driver in which I gained around 20 yards/drive. What used to be a tough 440 par 4 has become a driver wedge type hole. It makes that game much easier, but also somewhat sad what the game has come to.

Best place to buy used equipment is callawaypreowned.com. Another good one is 3balls.com. Ebay can get some good deals, but you always have to be careful for counterfeits.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Man we have some pretty good golfers on Redszone. I've been playing some of the better golf of my life this summer, but that just means I'm consistently shooting in the mid to upper 80's instead of 90's like I used to.

Early in the year I had a pretty brutal case of the shanks which nearly drove me to quit playing. Now I'm glad that I kept at it until I figured out the reason for my shank attack.

Heading out in ten minutes for a scramble today. Should be a pretty good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs23 View Post
    Man we have some pretty good golfers on Redszone.
    Maybe.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Did some nice shopping on 3balls yesterday. got me a new odyssey putter , cleveland launcher driver , cleveland gap wedge and a cleveland lop wedge for around 150 bucks plus the extra 30 i threw in for overnight shipping

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubashbrother View Post
    Did some nice shopping on 3balls yesterday. got me a new odyssey putter , cleveland launcher driver , cleveland gap wedge and a cleveland lop wedge for around 150 bucks plus the extra 30 i threw in for overnight shipping
    Good man.

I'm trying to get over the flu all week so I can play 18 holes on Saturday morning.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Hadn't swung a club for about 15 years until we went to the beach this summer. Went to the driving range and it went well.

My wife hooked me up with a great coach for a few lessons. Since I haven't played in almost half my life, there are 0 bad habits to break.

Father-in-law and I played the Plantation course out at Reynolds Plantation last week. My first round of golf since college. Bogey on #1, par on #2. There was another par on the back 9. It was a good time.

I'm also playing with a set of my late grandfather's old clubs. He died in 1989. My woods are...wood.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Technology has completely revolutionized the game of golf.
    But a terrible swing is still a terrible swing. I play a little muni here in Bloomington and have not pulled a driver out for years on this course. I play an old knock off 3 wood off the tee; a lot of big hitters could probably play a hybrid or a 3-4 iron. A friend of mine is on his third new driver in five years. This one, he says, is going to straighten out his slice. He sets up, and I see the same old collapse up at the top, the steep downswing, the outside in, slice-o-matic, and of course the ball starts out left and ends up under a tree, nearly OB on the right or in a neighboring fairway. And it's twenty yards short of my drive.

I'm not a great golfer, but I know enough to stay in touch with the pro who taught me how to play. In two years, she helped me go from about a thirty to a twelve handicap, using the same set of hand me down clubs. Her "technology" is usually a lot better than whatever I can pull off the rack at the pro shop.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    But a terrible swing is still a terrible swing. I play a little muni here in Bloomington and have not pulled a driver out for years on this course. I play an old knock off 3 wood off the tee; a lot of big hitters could probably play a hybrid or a 3-4 iron. A friend of mine is on his third new driver in five years. This one, he says, is going to straighten out his slice. He sets up, and I see the same old collapse up at the top, the steep downswing, the outside in, slice-o-matic, and of course the ball starts out left and ends up under a tree, nearly OB on the right or in a neighboring fairway. And it's twenty yards short of my drive.

I'm not a great golfer, but I know enough to stay in touch with the pro who taught me how to play. In two years, she helped me go from about a thirty to a twelve handicap, using the same set of hand me down clubs. Her "technology" is usually a lot better than whatever I can pull off the rack at the pro shop.
    You do have a point here. A bad swing or a bad golfer isn't going to get good by magically buying new golf clubs. All that does is inflate the manufacturer's pockets.

I guess my point is that with the help of techonology I went from the same swing and gained 20 years with the driver. I hit my driving 2 iron more accurately than I ever hit a three wood (and the 3 wood used to be my favorite club in the bag). To me its much easier playing from 140 than 160 and 180 than 200, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Just took my manager's money. Fired a 73 this afternoon after doubling the first hole, and four putting the 7th hole for a double. Also hit a par 5 in two, and missed my 2 foot birdie putt. I'm pretty happy with it, but can't believe I left that many shots out there. Haven't gone under in years, and when you make 5 birdies, you really shouldn't complain about anything.
    Fixed that for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?