Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Golfers of RedsZone (aka War Stories from the Rough)

Re: Golfers of RedsZone (aka War Stories from the Rough)

Quote Originally Posted by mash3024 View Post
    Has anyone played Legendary Run in here lately? Played it in a Golf Channel Am Tour event yesterday and the greens were fairly rough. I know it's the fall but it seemed like they had some kind of disease on them and they had 1 hole completely closed and 2 others with temporary greens. I remember that course always being in good shape a couple years back.
    We had a tee time there the Saturday of Labor Day weekend but cancelled for this reason. They told us they had some kind of fungus take over and that made for a pretty rough experience.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

With a heart-wrenching loss at Augusta and an explosive win at the U.S. Open, Rory McIlroy transcended golf in 2011.
    Read more: http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/...#ixzz1cUs9LR7b

Golf Magazine Player of the Year.

I'm playing the best golf of my life right now. Made a couple of swing changes about a month ago and it has greatly increased my ball striking & consistency. Shot an 81 last weekend which is the best of my life. Next step, cracking 80. Just wish golf season would last a little while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs23 View Post
    I'm playing the best golf of my life right now. Made a couple of swing changes about a month ago and it has greatly increased my ball striking & consistency. Shot an 81 last weekend which is the best of my life. Next step, cracking 80. Just wish golf season would last a little while longer.
    Very cool, keep it going.

The season isn't over yet. November is a great month to play. Cool mornings, but the afternoons are very pleasant for the most part. And the courses are empty with lower rates. Try to sneak out of work around 3:00 to get 9 in before dark somewhere. Or play on Sunday afternoons. Courses are empty on Sunday afternoons in Cincinnati.

December can be nice too as long as there's no snow on the ground. I usually walk in December to stay warm unless it's over 45 degrees or so. Fortunately, Sharon Woods is hilly and wooded so most of the wind is blocked too in the winter months.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I haven't played much this year with being on the road for the summer, but I had a friend with me and we played a decent public course in Florida a few weeks ago and I missed a hole in one by about half an inch. I thought for sure it was going in.

I had a killer slice for years and I finally managed to get rid of it. I got one of those nets you can set up in the yard and hit balls into it. You can tell by the way it comes back off the net how you hit it. After a couple dozen balls I hit a couple that didn't slice and I've managed to replicate it. Just buying that net took about 6 strokes off. I've gone from low 90s to mid 80s and I managed one round at 80 flat.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/da...2_a8&eref=sihp

I know a lot of people just love the "Grip-it-and-Rip-it" John Daly but I think he is one of the biggest buffoons in sports.
    And he strikes again.
    Daly, a regular visitor to Australia, may have played his last tournament Down Under when he dunked seven balls in succession into the water on the par-five 11th hole and stormed off the course.But Daly's meltdown stole the headlines from Woods. Australian PGA chief executive Brian Thorburn joined a chorus of officials livid with Daly's behavior and immediately revoked his invitation to play in the Australian PGA Championship in two weeks"The PGA does not need this kind of behavior tarnishing the achievements of other players and the reputation of our tournaments," Thorburn said. "John is not welcome at Coolum," he added, referring to the site of that tournament
    Championship director Trevor Herden was fuming and called for strong sanctions from the U.S. and European tours.
    "I'm extremely bitter and disappointed that he's treated this championship this way," Herden said. "It's becoming a bit of a habit (and is) unacceptable."

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/da...2_a8&eref=sihp

I know a lot of people just love the "Grip-it-and-Rip-it" John Daly but I think he is one of the biggest buffoons in sports.
    And he strikes again.
    Yep, he's a buffoon. And pretty ungrateful. He hasn't played well in years so he's getting into tournaments on sponsor exemptions and to do what he did is ridiculous. And that's too bad because he's so talented and a nice guy, for the most part.

We all have our warts and we all do stupid things from time to time, but Daly has perfected this act over the years. He'll never get it and shouldn't be offered any more exemptions. He needs to earn whatever he gets in the future.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

I played 9 holes in 40 minutes today. That's super fast. It was cold so I was zipping around. I normally really like this type of weather, but I was underdressed a bit so it wasn't pleasant.

Phil Mickelson - Hall of Famer.

Four-time major champion Phil Mickelson was elected Thursday to the World Golf Hall of Fame, saying his enshrinement won't slow down his quest to reach 50 career victories.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I played 9 holes in 40 minutes today. That's super fast. It was cold so I was zipping around. I normally really like this type of weather, but I was underdressed a bit so it wasn't pleasant.
    It normally takes me more than 40 minutes to play 9 holes of Putt-Putt.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Yep, he's a buffoon. And pretty ungrateful. He hasn't played well in years so he's getting into tournaments on sponsor exemptions and to do what he did is ridiculous. And that's too bad because he's so talented and a nice guy, for the most part.

We all have our warts and we all do stupid things from time to time, but Daly has perfected this act over the years. He'll never get it and shouldn't be offered any more exemptions. He needs to earn whatever he gets in the future.
    I agree that he squandered both a lot of talent and a lot of goodwill. People were aching to like him. He just kinda pissed it all away.

Watching Kyle Stanley blow it on Sunday was very tough. He's one of my favorite players, and Fil3232 can attest that I've been hyping this guy for a long time. Guy has serious, serious game, and will win a tournament this year, I promise. He might even win a major.

Some offseason moves I've been trying to work on this year, but am having trouble putting the concept in motion. I read the Golf Magazine Rory McIlroy article about how he generates so much power (basically by having a massive hip rotation on the downswing, and having his hips wide open at impact). During the Farmers, the announcers were making similar comments about Kyle Stanley's swing:

Stanley's tee on No. 7 in Round 4 of Farmers - YouTube

I realize it takes a lot of core strength to make these moves effectively. I've worked on flying my hips open at impact, but I can't tell if I'm generating more power. Hook, are there any keys I should be focusing on while trying to generate extra power from the hips?

Good for Kyle Stanley. That was an awesome win. I'm really happy for him. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite players to watch.

Homer, I'll respond about the hips when I get a chance. Gotta go.

It would be much easier to root for Kyle Stanley if he didn't wear such skin tight clothes.

It's one of my pet peeves and more players are doing it. I watch about every week, not really what I want to see.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Awesome, awesome win for Stanley. Couldn't be more impressed with the kid.

Now that he's fully arrived, its time for me to look for my next obsession. (Previous ones include Dustin Johnson, Gary Woodland).

Turn Off Ads?