Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predict when Jacoby gets fired...

Predict when Jacoby gets fired...

I say by May 1st. Pathetic offense!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Re: Predict when Jacoby gets fired...

he's ruined jay bruce
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Hopefully 4/11/10 along w/ Dusty. Dusty is by far the worst manager in the big leagues, makes downright stupid decisions and his intelligence should be questioned.

As long as we keep winning he's sadly not going anywhere.

Resident PED Expert

So as fans do you hope for a 20 - 30 record if that what it takes to get Dusty and Jacoby fired? Cause if the team has a winning record at the end of the year, you can take it to the bank both will be retained. I shudder at the thought. I still say the team wins in spite of Dusty not because of him. Leaving Leake in for over a 100 pitches to get the "dude" a chance at the win is so f'n short sighted, especially when the kid was obviously tired. This why he has the reputation as a arm shredder...
    Last edited by nemesis; 04-11-2010 at 07:29 PM.

If they don't start hitting against guys like they faced today, then I say by June. I really think BobC and WaltJ feel like the Reds can win now...and why not? As bad as the Reds have been swinging the bat, the last 4 games has not seen their opposition do much with the lumber either. Who would be a good replacement for Jacoby? Larkin? Davis?

May 1 sounds about right IMO
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Hoping it happens real soon. Tired of watching unproductive professional at bats from practically every player on the roster. Swinging from their heels is getting old. Heaven forbid we actually put some of the incessant strikeouts in play. Putting a bat on the ball and using the whole field should be a large concern for whomever becomes the next hitting instructor. The Reds need to gravitate to becoming hitters not swingers.

As long as Dusty is the skipper, it won't matter who is the hitting coach. Hitting Philosophy comes from the top down.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    As long as we keep winning he's sadly not going anywhere.
    Ummm, what?

We haven't had a 'winning' season in nearly a decade.

Last year, Dick Pole got the axe and maddeningly they kept this stiff Jacoby around. The guy is a poor excuse for a hitting coach, only one hitter has not back-tracked under his watchful eye; Joey Votto.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I meant winning games. If we're .500 or above, he's not going to go anywhere.

I dont know if its Jacoby or not but they have no patience at he dish. I do believe he is the reason for Bruce's struggles. Maybe phillips too. Phillips used to be so patient at the plate now its just swing away until you fall down and take until you strike out, pop up or hit weakly to SS. I predict after the Pirates series if the Reds dont go 6-1 or 5-2.

Quote Originally Posted by winks View Post
    I dont know if its Jacoby or not but they have no patience at he dish. I do believe he is the reason for Bruce's struggles. Maybe phillips too. Phillips used to be so patient at the plate now its just swing away until you fall down and take until you strike out, pop up or hit weakly to SS. I predict after the Pirates series if the Reds dont go 6-1 or 5-2.
    no way jacoby gets canned this early, maybe in may. i doubt it though. phillips has always been a swing for the fences guy. he had that reputation in cleveland as well. dusty batting him 4th doesnt help, gets in phillips head that he needs to be a power guy. if phillips hits a homer early in the game, you can forget about it the rest of the game, he gets in homerun derby mode.

Resident PED Expert

I was stoutly against trading away Phillips for any reason before this year. But I have grown so tired of his down right ceaselessness free swinging at the plate. He has become a hug albatross around this franchises neck with his lack of quality production when the game is on the line. Not when they are up or down by a dozen runs... No way can you pay him $11 Million next year in good faith.

Russell Branyan is in the Minor Leagues.

He'll be recalled any day and send Matt LaPorta to Left Field.

Turn Off Ads?