Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's official...We have a pretty sick rotation.

It's official...We have a pretty sick rotation.

Imagine when Volquez comes back!

Now just to get some patience at the plate...
    Last edited by macro; 04-11-2010 at 05:44 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: It's official...

We have some guys who really didnt pitch that good either and they still did decent. Starting today they were 4th in ERA, 2nd in innings 3rd in BAA. Throw in today and its sure to go up.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    We have a pretty sick rotation. Imagine when Volquez comes back!

Now just to get some patience at the plate...
    The rotation looks very good. They have a chance to really stay in every game. I still don't get why Tim Kurjikan always describes the Reds pitching this year as "woeful."

I'll take 3-3 on week 1. This week we play the fish and the pirates so hopefully our bats will wake up there.

It would be nice to see us nice to not suck against the Bucs.

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    I'll take 3-3 on week 1. This week we play the fish and the pirates so hopefully our bats will wake up there.
    I agree, it had a chance to better, but it also had a chance to be worse. Not bad against the two top teams from the Division last year.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: It's official...We have a pretty sick rotation.

Positive? Our pitching knew how to get out of jams. Leake.......7 WALKS????? 1 RUN!!!! How'd he do that.

Negative? Where's the offense? Lots of slow starts from our hitters right now.

Geez, we start to hit and get this kind of pitching, we might have something.

Proud of our rotation. The offense will come. It has shown up enough for three wins in tight games. I will take that.

Very disappointed Leake was permitted to throw over 100 pitches...that was stupid. I agree the offense will show up and this team will be an interesting piece of the MLB season.

leakes start probably more impressive than arroyo's in my book. leake showed he had guts, bases loaded no outs and he gets out of it? SICK.

You'd think they would be looking to trade pitching for hitting at this point. With Harang, Arroyo, Cueto, Bailey and Leake all looking good, and Volquez, Wood and Chapman all waiting in the wings, the Reds have a surplus of starting pitching. Since SP is always in demand, you would think they could pull off a trade for some hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Roush's socks View Post
    You'd think they would be looking to trade pitching for hitting at this point. With Harang, Arroyo, Cueto, Bailey and Leake all looking good, and Volquez, Wood and Chapman all waiting in the wings, the Reds have a surplus of starting pitching. Since SP is always in demand, you would think they could pull off a trade for some hitting.
    Give the kids time to mature and know exactly what you have and what you don't have before you start parting ways with any of these guys.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

This is the strength of our team.

Imagine adding Chapman... The offense is putrid and yet we've been in most games. The offense should get hot at times and come around to a degree at some point. We're sitting pretty with these young guys and I can't wait see Bailey throw again.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I think they said on WLW tonight the Reds starting rotation ERA is 3.12 thus far.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I think they said on WLW tonight the Reds starting rotation ERA is 3.12 thus far.
    Impressive. Hopefully the bats can heat up so that stat will continue to matter.

Turn Off Ads?