Joey Votto 1b
    Brandon Phillips 2b
    Scott Rolen 3b
    Jonny Gomes lf
    Jay Bruce rf
    Ryan Hanigan c
    Bronson Arroyo p

vs. LHP Nate Robinson

Game #8....and only Paul Janish has yet to get an at bat or play in the field (besides a few pitchers). Shame.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 4-13-10 Reds at the Fish

Where do you suggest playing Janish?

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Drew Stubbs cf
    Orlando Cabrera ss
    Joey Votto 1b
    Brandon Phillips 2b
    Scott Rolen 3b
    Jonny Gomes lf
    Jay Bruce rf
    Ryan Hanigan c
    Bronson Arroyo p

vs. LHP Nate Robinson

Game #8....and only Paul Janish has yet to get an at bat or play in the field (besides a few pitchers). Shame.
    He was in one of the games that nearly got away last week (Cubs game? It was the one where he and Rolen had the key errors that prolongued the inning for Cordero) so he has been in a game although he hasn't started one yet. I hope he gets to start one sometime soon but if Orlando keeps hitting, I don't see that happening much. He should go in for defensive purposes if we're winning late though.

Why is Bruce playing against this lefty? I thought Robinson was a tough oLHP (didn't they get him from Detroit?) but maybe I have him confused with someone else. Hopefully he keeps his approach like it was last night and stops swinging at balls that are practically on the ground.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

How about short?

Jocketty said something about making sure Janish gets plenty of playing time and starts after Cabrera was signed. (don't recall the quote) But he was VERY good throughout spring training. Whereas Cabrera pretty much stunk up the joint.

.350 in 40 ab's, 2 dingers, 9 rbi's, 3 doubles...only Votto and Ramon hit better in the spring than Janish. I just don't get the snubbing. I'm not suggesting that Orlando be the backup...just a few starts now and then. Similar to the situation with Hanigan. At the very least, he should get some late inning AB's as a defensive replacement. But so far, not even that.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    He was in one of the games that nearly got away last week (Cubs game? It was the one where he and Rolen had the key errors that prolongued the inning for Cordero) so he has been in a game although he hasn't started one yet. I hope he gets to start one sometime soon but if Orlando keeps hitting, I don't see that happening much. He should go in for defensive purposes if we're winning late though.

Why is Bruce playing against this lefty? I thought Robinson was a tough oLHP (didn't they get him from Detroit?) but maybe I have him confused with someone else. Hopefully he keeps his approach like it was last night and stops swinging at balls that are practically on the ground.
    Yeah, he was in a cubs game...late inning pinch runner. Good call, I forgot he stayed in to play d.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post

Giving everyone an equal part when they're clearly not equal = Communism
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

BTW-Fish pitcher tonight is actually Nate Robertson who did go to them from Detroit. I thought Robinson looked weird when I first saw it but I couldn't figure out why, LOL

I'll be back for the game thread later. I won't be watching most of the game though since both a new Lost and new V are on TV tonight.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    The reds have 5 outfielders, 3 of them are left handed. Would you rather Dickerson or Nix playing over him?

And Cabrera hit a homer last night, Rolen hit 2 and had 3 RBIs, and Phillips mashes lefties. No thanks to Janish playing.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    The reds have 5 outfielders, 3 of them are left handed. Would you rather Dickerson or Nix playing over him?

And Cabrera hit a homer last night, Rolen hit 2 and had 3 RBIs, and Phillips mashes lefties. No thanks to Janish playing.
    Agreed on Bruce. If he is going to be a cornerstone of this team, he is going to have to learn to hit lefties, and he was starting to show life last night, let's see if he can keep it going.

BTW I do not hate the line-up tonight. I guess I will have that feeling frequently if these 8 guys get every start against lefties.

The Fish have a two time NBA slam dunk champion on the mound tonight. It's going to be a wild and wooly night.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post

That's great.So when when Cabrera or Rolen has to miss time Dusty should just throw Janish in there after not having seen a pitch since ST and expect that he will just pick up where he left off.

I understand why people don't like the guy but you can't just completely forget about him when he's likely to see the bulk of PT if Rolen or Cabrera gets banged up.

Stubbs grounds out to short on the first pitch.

Not good, Drew.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

The chatroom pub and grill is open for business.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

At least O-Cab made him work.

Turn Off Ads?