Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: The NHL Playoffs have begun and should be the best playoffs ever!!!!

Re: The NHL Playoffs have begun and should be the best playoffs ever!!!!

Awesome win for the Hawks! The Hawks and their fans deserve this Stanley Cup after all those dark years under Bill Wirtz.

Great feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    When I lived in Chicago for a year the city was pathetic in their support for the Blackhawks. I'm sure now they are back in droves.
    Most bandwagon city I've ever seen. They were literally 2nd to last in attendance in 2006. Congrats to the Hawks. No congrats to the fans that bought jerseys this year.

I love Jeremy Roenick. Love seeing that kind of emotion out of him. He's the biggest reason I became a Hawks fan.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I love Jeremy Roenick. Love seeing that kind of emotion out of him.
    Me, too.

He's a Hawk...will always be a Hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Most bandwagon city I've ever seen. They were literally 2nd to last in attendance in 2006. Congrats to the Hawks. No congrats to the fans that bought jerseys this year.
    They did have a terrible owner though. I can't blame people in Chicago actually rooting for a winner
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    They did have a terrible owner though. I can't blame people in Chicago actually rooting for a winner
    Yes. When they let Roenick walk and then others...well.

Where's Chelios?

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    They weren't on TV until then too, they didn't market well at all.

Congrats to the Hawks, they pressed hard the past 2 games and looked to be the best by a fair margin, the Flyers couldn't roll lines with them in this game, only their defense kept them in the 1st 50 minutes.

Season starts in 4 months.

Go Wings!

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Good playoffs, weird ending because few people knew it was over until 4-5 second after the goal.

Hawks were the best team this year, they deserved this. I'm sure the parade will be crazy.

Congrats to the Hawks. They are a tremendous team.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Will the Hawks be able to hold onto Toews and Kane?

I'm no payroll guru, but seeing how the Penguins resigned Crosby, Malkin, and Staal and the Caps have Ovechkin, Backstrom, and Semin locked up, I don't see why the Hawks couldn't keep both Toews and Kane locked up for the rest of their careers.
    That hit was plenty fair. Atleast by a quarter of an inch.
    -Steve Stone

IIRC, they both signed 5 yr extensions last year. Granted, that only gets them through their mid-twenties. Keith signed some ridiculous extension as well, I think it was 13 or 14 years.

They do have a couple problem contracts. Campbell, I believe, is the highest played player on the team, and Huet makes plenty of money to sit on the bench.

They've locked up a fair number of the big ticket guys to BIG contracts, they will cap problems as the bulk of the payroll is targeted to too few players, they are pretty deep, but that will hurt you when you've got young stars locked up (and Hossa, Campbell) and they take the cap room for up and comers.

I don't think it will be too much of an issue for 2 years, but they'll have to get inventive and move bodies for draft picks and Jr players if they need salary relief, it will hurt late season pickups (as seen with the Wings this season) all and all they'll have the two youngsters for awhile.

The thing I love most about hockey [though it could be said of other sports as well] is that these guys work so hard all year long, they sweat, they bleed, they ache....all for the chance to spend an hour at the end of the season running around on the ice like a bunch of ten year old kids screaming and yelling and acting like fools.

It's a beautiful thing to behold and even more special when it is 'your' team.

Congrats Blackhawks!

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Turn Off Ads?