Turn Off Ads?

Thread: MLB The Show needs smarter GMs...

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

MLB The Show needs smarter GMs...

I decided to start another player for the Road to the Show mode and my idea this time was to make a center fielder and replace Stubbs. So I played through a couple minor league seasons and got my guy pretty strong and made the big team out of Spring Training. So what does the virtual GM do on this game? He puts my guy in CF, trades Ludwick, and moves Stubbs to LF and has him batting leadoff. If that happened in real life, I think this place would explode.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

2. Turn Off Ads?
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    The frightening thing is that I could see that happening.

In my MLB 2k12, I was rated a 94 bit played behind Juan Pierre in LF who was a 79. I switched to CF
    Witty signature.

Senor Votto

Re: MLB The Show needs smarter GMs...

In MLB 2K12 I made a left fielder and was a September call up in the 2012 season. They put me in left, Bruce in center, Stubbs in right.....and Ludwick at shortstop

Are you using default rosters? Drew Stubbs is incredibly overrated in the default set. The Operation Sports Full Minors with pitch edits is the way to go. Stubbs is blazing fast but gets on base at a horrid clip and strikes out nine bajillion times per season.

Question for those who play online...this has been bugging me all year but I've never done anything about it...

When playing online against random opponents, how do you know who the opposing pitcher is before the game starts...i.e. when you are making out your lineup.

And for that matter is there any way to find out the ground rules (ex. Balks turned on) without going into the game settings once a game starts?

MLB The Show is probably my favorite sports game but two things have always annoyed me about it. The contracts that teams offer your player in free agency seem really low considering what's going on in real life and that there's never any rain outs.

The only problem I ever seem to have with the game is base running. I can never just steal one guy and if I have a guy on 1st and 3rd and hit a long fly ball the guy on first doesnt want to tag up So I cant score the run without the other guy getting out...The game play might be better on the Show. But the controller buttons are way better in 2K

Turn Off Ads?