Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Avengers Assemble

Just got back from seeing it, not in IMAX which was sold out but in just 3D. The 2.5 hours flew by and every Avenger gets a chance to shine. Was most impressed w/Mark Ruffalo. This movie finally IMHO captures the complex nature of Banner/Hulk and not just a Jekyll & Hyde show. The CGI never seemed OTP at all. Oh, and a lot of the LOL humor involves the Hulk.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Avengers Assemble

I thought it was a very good movie, but IMO not the best of the super hero genre to come out so far. But it's up there. I still think that Batman Begins and the Dark Knight were the tops.

There are some great quotes (lines) from this movie. And I agree with Kitty that the humorous moments were very well played.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

It was awesome and everything I ever wanted in an Avengers movie. Waited for this for 30 years.

Hulk abo****ly stole every scene he was in.

All hail Joss of the House of Whedon, King of the Nerds!

Senor Votto

"My secret is I'm always angry"

Getting ready to see it again but this time in 2D. Will give a report if spending the extra $ on 3D is worth it... Will probably go to IMAX next weekend in between Reds games.
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

If you want to save some extra $ skip the regular 3D (can't comment on IMAX 3D yet...). Saw it at the Rave in West Chester and apart from some little kids talking constantly in back of me, a much more enjoyable viewing. Of course, the Rave has better audio so I could hear pretty much all the RDJ asides.

Awesome movie! The wife knows nothing of comics and she loved it as well. 2 hrs and 20 mins flys by and leaves you wanting more.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I liked it. I saw it at a drive in last night.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    It was awesome and everything I ever wanted in an Avengers movie. Waited for this for 30 years.

Hulk abo****ly stole every scene he was in.

All hail Joss of the House of Whedon, King of the Nerds!
    Agreed!

I LOVED the scene with Hulk and Loki late in the movie. "Puny God..." And the one with Thor was a classic!

And who ever posted about there being *two* credits scenes, thank you! I would have left after the teaser scene and missed the last bit. Simple, but effective.

Joss Whedon is a nerd GOD, not a common king. lol!

We saw it in 2D. So far in my experience with 3-D, non have been worth the extra money. And this proved to me why I have opening weekends. Not so much for kids, but in this case the stinky-guy-overdue-his-yearly-shower. Coupled with the "pleasantness" of BO, he was obnoxiously loud. Next time, I stick to my usual late monday evening movie.
    Last edited by foxfire123; 05-07-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    *Posterisk* Has anyone else noticed when you look at an actor on imdb.com it brings up their worst movie so much of the time?
    For example, if you type in Hugh Jackman, it gives you results Actor: The Prestige(2006) I can't imagine anyone trying to think of Hugh Jackman who says, "ya know, australian, big guy, he was in the Prestige?"
    Since this thread is bumped I figured I'd respond to this--I have also noticed this to be true, but is The Prestige really a good example of what you're saying? It's a terrific film...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Since this thread is bumped I figured I'd respond to this--I have also noticed this to be true, but is The Prestige really a good example of what you're saying? It's a terrific film...
    Loved that flick, and just loaned it to a co-worker who has never seen it. If one wants to list a Jackman stinker, then go with The Fountain. Turned if off after about 30 minutes into it.
    Last edited by GAC; 05-08-2012 at 04:52 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    LOVED the scene with Hulk and Loki late in the movie. "Puny God..."
    While I laughed at a lot of scenes in The Avengers, I easily laughed the hardest at that scene. Loved it.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

We were busy last week, and didn't get to see the movie. For those that have seen it, is this kid friendly? My boys 7 and 10 want to see this. My kids are ok with superhero movie level violence, AKA Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Spiderman, Superman... Not so much Batman Begins, or the The Dark Knight.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    We were busy last week, and didn't get to see the movie. For those that have seen it, is this kid friendly? My boys 7 and 10 want to see this. My kids are ok with superhero movie level violence, AKA Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Spiderman, Superman... Not so much Batman Begins, or the The Dark Knight.
    I regard it to be very kid friendly.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I've never seen it, so don't take it as an indictment on the film. Just that of his movies from the last 5-10 years, it's probably among the least well known. Or maybe I just didn't remember it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?