Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What the hell is the problem?

What the hell is the problem?

I just want to know what this team's major malfunction is? Is it that hard to to take a series from the Marlins? And lets be honest Cincy could have easily lost every game of this series.

I thought for sure the damn offense would be better this year having another year under their belt to gel. Where is Adam Dunn when you need him? I'm sick of this lackluster franchise!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What the hell is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    I just want to know what this team's major malfunction is? Is it that hard to to take a series from the Marlins? And lets be honest Cincy could have easily lost every game of this series.

I thought for sure the damn offense would be better this year having another year under their belt to gel. Where is Adam Dunn when you need him? I'm sick of this lackluster franchise!
    We could have lost every game of the series, but we didn't we split. 2-2 on the road against a good team is not bad. We could have done better, but we did ok. It's early and we are still in a solid position and the bats woke up a bit on Wednesday and Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    We could have lost every game of the series, but we didn't we split. 2-2 on the road against a good team is not bad. We could have done better, but we did ok. It's early and we are still in a solid position and the bats woke up a bit on Wednesday and Thursday.
    This
    "...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"
    2009 Attendance Record 1-2
    2010 Attendance Record 3-1
    2011 Attendance Record 2-0
    2012 Attendance Record 6-2

Bats woke up a bit on Thursday? We had two runs and 14 K's.

I think the bottom line is, we aren't very good. We hoped top be good, and we hope we can still be good, but that was counting on a lot of factors. We keep waiting and waiting for Homer Bailey and Jay Bruce to live up to their top prospect in baseball billing, and they haven't come close to that yet. We keep waiting and waiting for Harang to rediscover his form that made him one of the better pitchers in baseball, and it hasn't happened. Really, thats the bottom line. We expect development in those three players in particular, and we aren't getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveWilly View Post
    Bats woke up a bit on Thursday? We had two runs and 14 K's.

I think the bottom line is, we aren't very good. We hoped top be good, and we hope we can still be good, but that was counting on a lot of factors. We keep waiting and waiting for Homer Bailey and Jay Bruce to live up to their top prospect in baseball billing, and they haven't come close to that yet. We keep waiting and waiting for Harang to rediscover his form that made him one of the better pitchers in baseball, and it hasn't happened. Really, thats the bottom line. We expect development in those three players in particular, and we aren't getting it.
    My mistake, not sure what I was thinking when I wrote that. I meant Monday and Tuesday, the first 2 games of the series.

Bruce is 5 for his last 16. He really has been hitting well at the plate. I know people get tired of hearing about him being unlucky, but I am not basing it of BABIP, but simply from watching him hit line drives and have a lot of hits taken away early. Hopefully Leake can take care of Harang or Bailey's expected production for a while.

Reasonably, it's too early to declare the season a bust for any of the players. Just like how Rolen said he was suddenly having a good season after his 2-HR game, at this point the season numbers can be really violently swung by one game, and even moreso by one series. Look at it this way -- if the team smacks around the Pirates this weekend, all of those stats will probably look a lot better.

That being said, it's hard for anyone who has been watching the team not to get frustrated with certain players and certain trends, and I do think these concerns are legitimate. But it's not time to panic just yet.

Although -- how frustrating was it watching the Marlins young players play so well? Their top prospects always seem to turn into studs at a very good rate. Then they are traded away, and the new prospects start performing. Meanwhile, the Reds top prospects reach mediocrity and then stick around forever...

When pitching is struggling, you have to put up 5 runs every night to get close. If Harang would have pitched a Gem last night and we won 2-1 we wouldn't be talking about the hitting. But this pitching has been BAD the last few days and its putting too much pressure on this offense!

As long as dusty is w/ this franchise it will continue to be a joke.

Dusty Baker.......-__-.....i want him gone already

Quote Originally Posted by RedLakerFan24 View Post
    Dusty Baker.......-__-.....i want him gone already
    So Dusty Baker blew it in the 9th?

And Dusty Baker is swinging at bad pitches and striking out?

And Dusty Baker is stranding base runners like it's going out of style?

No?

Didn't think so. Baker is not the problem, the players just aren't producing.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post

No?

No, but like in the 8th, with bases loaded he could have pinch hit Rolen for Janish, we had a rally going, also playing Cairo instead of Ramon Hernandez at first and batting Cairo 5th

You can only do so much with what you have. Which isn't much right now outside of 2-3 guys

The problem is: OUR OFFENSE SUCKS!!!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

What Bats are Available? is there any chance of getting Carlos Quentin?

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruceFan View Post

No?

Sincerely,
    Dusty Baker
    "Why's he keep callin' me meat? I'm the guy drivin' a Porsche." - Calvin LaLoosh

Moneyball = Mulder, Hudson, Zito

Turn Off Ads?