Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What the hell is the problem?

Re: Ken Broo Is Right...This Team Stinks, As Usual

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    The problem is in the organization, poor coaching and a poor philosophy. There used to be a "Reds" way to play and they have gotten away from it.
    I like the focus on defense and pitching, but we need to face the fact that our players aren't as good as they've been hyped to be. How many players on our team right now can we say without a doubt are playing to their true potential? That's what kills me about all this. We need a new manager, someone to wake this team up.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Yawn

2nd that Reds42Mlb. its going to be a long season.

Re: What the hell is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDS View Post
    The problem is: OUR OFFENSE SUCKS!!!!

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    This part shouldn't be a surprise. Why everyone was convinced that without any significant improvements we would go from scoring a pathetic 673 runs last year (despite our ballpark) to a number that would allow us to challenge for the playoffs baffles me.

Our very similar lineup is producing at a very similar clip as last year and getting very similar results in the win column. Not much to overthink here.

Quote Originally Posted by swaisuc View Post
    This part shouldn't be a surprise. Why everyone was convinced that without any significant improvements we would go from scoring a pathetic 673 runs last year (despite our ballpark) to a number that would allow us to challenge for the playoffs baffles me.

Our very similar lineup is producing at a very similar clip as last year and getting very similar results in the win column. Not much to overthink here.
    Ive said that from the get-go.

In spring training when all the talk was playoffs and a winning record. I wanted to be excited but didnt see much of a difference.

Leadoff hitters combining to go 0-10 is a HUGE problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    Leadoff hitters combining to go 0-10 is a HUGE problem.
    no way, they'd just clog the bases, dude

Throwing 30 million bones to a young stud pitching prospect,while depending on a green horn outfield instead of signing a couple proven hitters,a question mark starting pitching staff.Chapman will be a stud for the Reds,however I would like to see some serious hitting talent now,and in the future.Right now Stubbs looks like he don't belong here,Votto looks lost,Bruce is finally showing a pulse,I could go on and on.
    I knew this team did not have the talent to contend,at least not right now.I hope I end up eating my words,but with these same slugs night after night,and the BP getting taxed almost every night it seem's,come July the Pen will have jelly arms.Would be nice for a change if the Reds young talent could shine like the Rays or Pirates.

I think most of you are forgetting the 30 million is spread over I believe 10 years. That is pretty much less money a year than we typically waste on washed up veterans. 3 mil a year on average of Chapman, this we we are giving Lincoln+Miles more than that.

The contract we gave to Chapman was the least of our problems, but a step to get some of our problems fixed. Like potentially giving us a legit ACE.

There is no problem.

We're not 2-12 like Baltimore.

It's only April 19th.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    I did the same thing. To make matters worse come season end I'm going to owe 2 of my buddies that are Braves fans 20 bucks each cause I was actually dumb enough to believe that the Reds would put together a winning season and have more regular season victories than the Braves this year. Man do I feel like a jackass now.

Like I said, you guys can enjoy the heartache and depression this year, I'm done. I can't take it anymore. I've suffered with this team long enough. I probably won't even watch another game until I go to Cincy in July for a trip my buddies and I planned back in the winter. This sucks because I love baseball, and if I don't watch the Reds I don't watch baseball, I need a neutral team to follow so I can still enjoy watching the sport without any emotions.
    Do what I do, find a minor league team near you and pull for them as well. The last 10 years or so it has hepled to have baseball to watch and enjoy past April when the Reds are toast.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Do what I do, find a minor league team near you and pull for them as well. The last 10 years or so it has hepled to have baseball to watch and enjoy past April when the Reds are toast.
    Unfortunately for me the two closest teams are the Indians and the Pirates. Even if either of those two teams were any good I could still never pull for them.

Part of the problem is that the Reds don't seem to be thinking about many of their decisions.

Take Franscisco. Why did the Reds send him down? he was Rolen's back-up plus he could play some outfield. Yet Cairo and Nix are still on the roster with rolen out five days. Doesn't make sense. And you have Cairo playing first instead of Hernandez. Does anyone think that either Cairo of Nix is a bigger offensive threat than Fransisco. I know only a crazy person would think that Janish is, yet that is who is playing third now.

The coaching is non-existenent. Phillips is up there swinging for the fences in the 4 slot when he more suited to the 3rd slot where he can utilize his speed some. Stubbs also thinks he is a psuedo home run hitter when he should be concentrating on getting on base and working a count. Bruce is completely lost hitting only when a game has been decided. Yeah, he hit two home runs, big deal. I believe one was when the Reds were five runs down so the pitcher decided to challenge him.

Forget Sweet, Get Smokey Garrett up here pronto and get these batters straighten out.

Turn Off Ads?