Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Advice on four one time mighty, trolls on my bench.

Advice on four one time mighty, trolls on my bench.

I have Alfonso Soriano, David Ortiz, Rafael Furcal, and Michael Young on my roster. What would you do, play them, stash on the bench, or dump them?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: Advice on four one time mighty, trolls on my bench.

Need some more details. What type of league? How many teams? Who is available to pick up?

Yahoo mixed daily league, 10 team league.

Ty Wigginton is available, as is Jeff Francouer. Plenty of others, platoon types, youngsters, has beens. I just dumped Johnny Gomes for Cameron Maybin. Alex Gordon also floating around. Jay Bruce just hit the waiver wire today.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

I'd pick up Bruce, Gordon and Francouer (in that order) and drop Furcal, Ortiz and Young (in that order).

Furcal is hitting .327, stealing bases and scoring runs. and you have him benched?
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

No, but I worry about him staying healthy, and he hasn't been as good day to day as his stat line might indicate. I think he only has had four or five good fantasy days.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    No, but I worry about him staying healthy, and he hasn't been as good day to day as his stat line might indicate. I think he only has had four or five good fantasy days.
    Aren't alot of players like that though?

For example, right now Adam Dunn has this line:

.163 .379 .279 .658 with only 1 hr and 2 rbi in 14 games.

But that doesn't mean that he's a bad player or that he should be dropped. It just means he's streaky. If the team that has him plugs him into their lineup when he starts to hit and benches him when he starts to slump they'd get most of the hr/rbi without nearly as much of a drag on their team batting average.

Sometimes it's harder to do that with a player that isn't so predictable. But I wouldn't cut bait with Furcal unless I felt I had a better option.

And, I don't know what your other options at short are on your team or within the free agent pool or even if your league is roto or head to head.

Didn't do much about this last week. Young and Soriano have come around. Furcal is not going anywhere.

Paul Konerko is available, I think I am going to dump David Ortiz and pick Konerko up. Is this a good idea? Will Ortiz break out like he did last year, or is he done?

Ortiz is the only one I'd be looking to dump. The other three have some value.

Agree, but would you dump Ortiz for Konerko?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Agree, but would you dump Ortiz for Konerko?
    in a heartbeat.

I'd dump him on the principle that the fork stuck in him gets in the way of his swing.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?