Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Redszone NBA Playoff Thread, now with more accuracy!

Re: Your NBA Playoffs.....Blazers Win!!! Blazers Win!!!

The Jazz have zero chance of winning this series.

They have nobody who can matchup with Gasol and nobody to matchup with Kobe. Other than that, they're great.
    Last edited by reds44; 05-02-2010 at 07:31 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    The Jazz have zero chance of winning this series.

They have nobody who can matchup with Gasol and nobody to matchup with Kobe. Other than that, they're great.
    Did you miss today's game? It was a toss-up. I think this will be a very close series. Definitely expect the Lakers to win it, but the Jazz are definitely capable of beating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Did you miss today's game? It was a toss-up. I think this will be a very close series. Definitely expect the Lakers to win it, but the Jazz are definitely capable of beating them.
    Have you ever watched the Lakers play basketball? They dominated the first half, were up comfortably after three quarters, and then went to sleep at the start of the 4th. The Jazz went up 4, and then the Lakers woke up and finshed the job.

At no point today did I think the Lakers were going to lose. The Jazz will get one in Utah, they may even get two, but they have zero chance of winning this series.

The Thunder were a bigger challenge.

I think I need to hear from Kingspoint before I decide.

Have you ever watched the Lakers play basketball? They dominated the first half, were up comfortably after three quarters, and then went to sleep at the start of the 4th. The Jazz went up 4, and then the Lakers woke up and finshed the job.
    Essentially, the Lakers were unconscious most of the game, dominated for the most part, and still almost lost. The Lakers are likely to win the series, but it's pretty silly to act like the Jazz have no shot.

Essentially, the Lakers were unconscious most of the game, dominated for the most part, and still almost lost. The Lakers are likely to win the series, but it's pretty silly to act like the Jazz have no shot.
    Nothing tells me the Lakers won't do whatever they want all series on offense.

The Jazz can't matchup with the Lakers two best players, it's really that simple.

Nothing tells me the Lakers won't do whatever they want all series on offense.

The Jazz can't matchup with the Lakers two best players, it's really that simple.
    I actually feel better about the Jazz chances in this series after this game than I did before it. The Lakers will get easy buckets from time to time in this series, but they won't shoot as well outside as they did today. That was the major difference.

The other factor I like as a Jazz fan is at some point Kirilenko is going to come back in this series and there are some rumors that will be in the next game. Now I don't expect a giant impact from him right away, but even a small impact could shift this series.

Also Bynum clearly isn't healthy and won't be able to make an impact on the series and from a match up stand point that is huge for the Jazz.

Kobe can't guard Deron Williams anymore than you or I can.
    change "Deron Williams" to any good NBA swing/guard...

At no point today did I think the Lakers were going to lose. The Jazz will get one in Utah, they may even get two, but they have zero chance of winning this series.

The Thunder were a bigger challenge.
    couldn't agree more about the Thunder being a bigger challange. OKC is many times more talented than the Jazz, it's just that the Jazz can run their offense to perfection nearly nightly. The Jazz just simply can not defend los Lakers, especially w/o AK47 and Okur. The Lakers grabbed an easy second round reguardless if it was the injury-riddidled Jazz or Denver w/o George Karl and all the distractions. PHX or SA will provide a bit more of a challange, especially if Manu can man up and not wear a maxi pad on his face and get the mask.
    Last edited by MasonBuzz3; 05-03-2010 at 01:27 AM.

It's LA's big men on defense more so than offense..how many times did they swat a layup tonight?

I will still have faith in my Jazz..but they do stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    It's LA's big men on defense more so than offense..how many times did they swat a layup tonight?

I will still have faith in my Jazz..but they do stand a chance.
    Lakers in 5.

Bynum, Gasol, and Kobe were a combined 25-42 from the field, I honestly don't see that changing at all.
    Last edited by reds44; 05-03-2010 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I actually feel better about the Jazz chances in this series after this game than I did before it. The Lakers will get easy buckets from time to time in this series, but they won't shoot as well outside as they did today. That was the major difference.

The other factor I like as a Jazz fan is at some point Kirilenko is going to come back in this series and there are some rumors that will be in the next game. Now I don't expect a giant impact from him right away, but even a small impact could shift this series.

Also Bynum clearly isn't healthy and won't be able to make an impact on the series and from a match up stand point that is huge for the Jazz.
    The Lakers were 2-12 from 3.

I agree about the Lakers and Jazz. The Lakers have too many shot blockers while the Jazz have a bunch of short-armed guys. Jazz might win a game or 2, but the Lakers are a horrible match up for the Jazz.

I see the Spurs getting by the Suns and posing a challenge for LA.

I've been surprised at how well the Celtics are playing.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

The Lakers were 2-12 from 3.
    I was referring more to the mid range jumpers and fade aways. They made a lot more of those than I feel they will in the rest of the series.

Another thing I'd like to see is a little more isolation with DWill against whoever is attempting to guard him. It's the only match up where the Jazz have an advantage, but its probably the biggest mismatch for either team. It's not something that the Jazz normally do in their offense, but some adjustments are obviously needed against the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I was referring more to the mid range jumpers and fade aways. They made a lot more of those than I feel they will in the rest of the series.
    They make a lot of those all the time. That's Kobe's bread and butter and Artest, Fisher, Odom, and Farmar are all adept at it, too. Absolutely demoralizes the other team's fanbase to see great D for 23 seconds, then a fade-away 21 footer that goes drain-o as the buzzer sounds.

The old Celtics used to do that almost every possession.

Obviously it will be the Cavs/Lakers in the finals, it's what the NBA wants.

Turn Off Ads?