Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US Open Final Round

US Open Final Round

Interesting developments early on. Colossal meltdown by Johnson. He might not even finish under par.

Phil 3 putt on #4 from inside 20 feet. Tiger is a disaster...can't even hit the fairway with his irons. He's toast, IMO.

I think Ernie Els is going to take, which would be fantastic. McDowell also has a good chance.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: US Open Final Round

Don't count Tiger out yet.

Ernie vs. Tiger.... The Big Easy vs. The Big Sleazy
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Tiger just doesn't have it, but it's possible he could turn it on. But he's not doing ANYTHING well. His lag putts are terrible.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

WOW!! I feel bad for Johnson. He's 5 over par through 3 holes and just put his tee shot OB off the tee on 4.
    Last edited by MWM; 06-20-2010 at 06:13 PM.

Woods thought he hit a good tee shot on 6, but it kept rolling and went into the hazard. I think he's done.

I love watching the younger players choke at the Major Championships.

Tiger made one long putt, but has hardly hit a good shot of any kind otherwise.

We certainly can't let a frenchie win. Of course, it sure would be fun to see him add to the Van de Velde legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Tiger made one long putt, but has hardly hit a good shot of any kind otherwise.

We certainly can't let a frenchie win. Of course, it sure would be fun to see him add to the Van de Velde legacy.
    Truly a choke of epic proportions.

This isn't even fun to watch. They've made the greens and fairways so ridiculous they're barely playable. I like that the US Open is generally the toughest test in golf, but this is no fun, at least to me. It's going to come down to whoever doesn't blow up.
    Last edited by MWM; 06-20-2010 at 07:18 PM.

Cheese eating surrender monkey dangerously close to the lead
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Martin Kaymer needs to make a run. Then Havret would definitely crawl into the fetal position.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    This isn't even fun to watch. They've made the greens and fairways so ridiculous they're barely playable. I like that the US Open is generally the toughest test in golf, but this is no fun, at least to me. It's going to come down to whoever doesn't blow up.
    I agree 100%. It's barely golf. I like to see the pros play like me but they need to be rewarded for good shots not punished for them. That shot by Duval where he chipped up from behind the green then it rolled right off was ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Ernie's shot on 14 that rolled off the green by 15 yards was just ridiculous. I agree, that's not golf.

Choke-a-palooza

Do I hear an echo?

Turn Off Ads?