Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Redszone NBA Playoff Thread, now with more accuracy!

Re: Your NBA Playoffs.....Blazers Win!!! Blazers Win!!!

Admittedly I'm not an NBA fan so those that follow this stuff all season long, can you explain to me why this Celtics team looks better top to bottom than the Cavs yet during the regular season the Cavs had a much better record. Someone like me who rarely ever watched during the regular season, now watches a few of these playoff games, then I come away thinking "how in the world did these Cavs have such a better record than the Celtics"?

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Celtics have old guys like Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Rasheed Wallace who absolutely cannot bring it every game for 82 games in the regular season. In the playoffs, though, as long as they're healthy and well rested (and the breaks between games help), and with a guy like Rondo to get them going, they can be as good as anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Admittedly I'm not an NBA fan so those that follow this stuff all season long, can you explain to me why this Celtics team looks better top to bottom than the Cavs yet during the regular season the Cavs had a much better record. Someone like me who rarely ever watched during the regular season, now watches a few of these playoff games, then I come away thinking "how in the world did these Cavs have such a better record than the Celtics"?
    I'm not an NBA fan at all, I'm not even watching so I REALLY don't know what I'm talking about at all, but I'm listening to Boston talk radio and hearing lots of criticism of the Cavs coach.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

LeBron may be great...but all that NY cap wearing......always looking like he has one foot out the door.....NY this...NY that. Never trying to deny anything about leaving.

Fine if he wants to leave but he basically shows no respect at all to CLE and last night it looked like he was in a daze....He knows he might be gone and he looked distracted. Like he a commercial to go shoot.

Did he anoint himself the label of Michael Jordan II? Did his handlers?
    This guy has less than 1/2 the heart that he did.....and When I am AGREEING with Skip Bayless in regards to his opinion on ESPN 1st Take this morning....Then that is really bad.

Let him go to New York and rot there...if he wants to so bad.
    The only people who can be OK with this performance are the die hards and hangers on.

Cavs in 7 over Boston, Cavs in 7 over the Magic, Cavs in 7 over LA

It's not even so much that the Cavs lost by 32. It's that they lost by 32, on their own home court, and barely seemed to care. I saw no fits of rage, no passion, no going down with a fight. The team has taken on the personality of their superstar. LeBron is a great player, but something is just NOT THERE. Going through the motions like that is embarrassing, for all the talent that man has.

My "favorite" part of LeBron's effort Tuesday night was him saying "I spoil a lot of people with my play."

Really LeBron? Who have you spoiled? How many parades have you brought to Cleveland?

I would classify his effort in Game Five as "spoiled" without hesitation.

Mike Brown is single handidly taking the Cavs home.

That was sad.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Anyone else think Rajon Rondo has blossomed into one of the 10 best players in the NBA this playoffs? He's had a monster playoffs. Only Steve Nash can say he's had one as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Anyone else think Rajon Rondo has blossomed into one of the 10 best players in the NBA this playoffs? He's had a monster playoffs. Only Steve Nash can say he's had one as good.
    I'd say he's a lock as 2nd best PG in the league right now. Not sure that puts him in the top 10 overall, but nonetheless.

His playoff numbers are exceeding his already impressive regular season numbers by a good bit.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Just throwing this out there....

I think it would be a useful excercise to use this new "thanks" system to the most of it's capabilities by having everyone to thank Kingspoint's original post in this thread to make it the best post ever. It is so hilarious and over the top. I think it should be remembered forever.
    Last edited by Patrick Bateman; 05-14-2010 at 12:57 AM.

This Playoff schedule is beyond stupid. There's not going to be another game for four days.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?