Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Redszone NBA Playoff Thread, now with more accuracy!

Re: Your NBA Playoffs.....Blazers Win!!! Blazers Win!!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The Spurs don't strike me as a "phone-it-in" type of ballclub. .
    No, they weren't. When Hill hit that three and got fouled to cut it to two, I thought they have a chance.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I doubt the Jazz will phone it in, either. Hell, if nothing else the Jazz players can get a free trip out of Utah to L.A. if they win tonight. That's some motivation. Also, Jerry Sloan might kill a player if they didn't play hard in an elimination game.

Granted, they'd have no chance in Game 5. L.A.'s players would, I'm sure, do everything in their power to avoid having to spend any more time in SLC.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

The silver (and black ) lining to the sweep by the Suns, IMO is that the sooner the Spurs FO could get to working on next season, the better. Too many of the solutions they tried last off-season didn't work.

Richard Jefferson didn't fit, wasn't happy and could opt out of his deal. Keith Bogans underwhelmed and likely won't be back. The one change that did work was McDyess... that guy probably won the Dallas series for them.

Tony Parker is rumored to be unhappy going into the last year of his deal and might be traded.

They have the rights to Euro League sensation Tiago Splitter. Hopefully they find a way to bring him over.

Tim Duncan needs all the time he can get to rest those knees.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 05-10-2010 at 01:04 PM.
    /r/reds

They have the rights to Euro League sensation Tiago Splitter. Hopefully they find a way to bring him over.
    That name alone makes him one of my favorite players.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I doubt the Jazz will phone it in, either. Hell, if nothing else the Jazz players can get a free trip out of Utah to L.A. if they win tonight. That's some motivation. Also, Jerry Sloan might kill a player if they didn't play hard in an elimination game.

Granted, they'd have no chance in Game 5. L.A.'s players would, I'm sure, do everything in their power to avoid having to spend any more time in SLC.
    In a way the Jazz are victims of their own success. They have only one losing season in forever so they never get the top draft choices - aside from Deron
    Williams. I guess you can be too good at what you do.

The Jazz have the Knicks' first round pick this year, which will be either #1-#3 (unlikely), or #9-#12, depending on the outcome of the draft lottery. So hopefully they wind up with an impact player from that.

Looks like the Jazz didn't bother to show up for their season finale. On the plus side, at least I won't have to see Carlos Boozer in a Jazz jersey ever again after tonight.

Lakers smelled blood in the water early tonight.

Wow. I had no idea that anybody still watched the NBA.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Mercifully over for the Jazz. The only drama was whether Sundiata Gaines would outscore Boozer in a minute and a half. It was close.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Wow. I had no idea that anybody still watched the NBA.
    If people aren't watching the NBA right now, and they like basketball, they're missing out. This isn't the same old boring NBA of the post Jordan era. The talent in the league right now is staggering. LeBron, Wade, Melo, D Williams, Durant, Chris Paul, all young guys.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    If people aren't watching the NBA right now, and they like basketball, they're missing out. This isn't the same old boring NBA of the post Jordan era. The talent in the league right now is staggering. LeBron, Wade, Melo, D Williams, Durant, Chris Paul, all young guys.
    It's the one-on-one, isolation style of play in the NBA today that turns a lot of people off. I watch a lot of Nuggets games living in Colorado and I have to say, I find them more entertaining to watch when Melo is out. They play a more team-oriented style when he's not in the lineup.

I enjoy watching most NBA, but I can understand not wanting to see all the isolation plays. I'd submit that the Suns and Spurs would be entertaining. Especially the Suns, I think Nash is the most entertaining player in the league right now.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I enjoy watching most NBA, but I can understand not wanting to see all the isolation plays. I'd submit that the Suns and Spurs would be entertaining. Especially the Suns, I think Nash is the most entertaining player in the league right now.
    Agree there. The Suns are an entertaining team to watch, for me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Agree there. The Suns are an entertaining team to watch, for me anyway.
    Me too - they are the one team that I will watch throughout the rest of the playoffs.

I am hoping (as a Knick fan) that the finals is either Suns-Magic or Suns-Celtics. Need LeBron to realize he is never winning it all in Cleveland and a Bosh-LeBron in NY with D'Antoni and boatloads of money is the way to go. The NBA is more fun with the Knicks to hate
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Turn Off Ads?