Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Redszone NBA Playoff Thread, now with more accuracy!

Re: Your NBA Playoffs.....Blazers Win!!! Blazers Win!!!

You'd rather watch Steve Nash than LeBron James?

Really?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    You'd rather watch Steve Nash than LeBron James?

Really?
    Yes. I'd rather watch team basketball than a lot of isolation, one-on-one offense.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Yes. I'd rather watch team basketball than a lot of isolation, one-on-one offense.
    That's ridiculous. There's literally not one thing that Steve Nash can do on a basketball court that LeBron can't. Watch a Cavs or Lakers game, and actually watch it, and you'll see that there's very little one on one basketball. Late in games? Sure there is, as there should be.

That's ridiculous. There's literally not one thing that Steve Nash can do on a basketball court that LeBron can't. Watch a Cavs or Lakers game, and actually watch it, and you'll see that there's very little one on one basketball. Late in games? Sure there is, as there should be.
    To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    To each their own.
    I've got a friend that is a die hard Cleveland fan. He agrees with you and says their offense is boring as hell. Just players standing around and Lebron taking over.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Impressive that 3 of the 4 conference semifinals have ended in sweeps.

As for the series that isn't a sweep... Colin Cowherd said the other day on his show that an NBA insider told him that if the Cavs don't make it to the Finals, LeBron is gone from Cleveland.
    /r/reds

I'd rather watch Nash, too. LeBron is not all that aesthetically pleasing, as he's strong enough to bull his way to the hoop, get fouled, and cash in on free throws. Nash, OTOH, is a slight, undersized, floppy haired point guard playing against (and succeeding) while often almost a foot shorter.

To put it another way, Nash = modern-day Maravich.

And, as to the Knicks, I'd love to see them sign Bosh and LeBron, then re-sign David Lee. That trio could be fun to watch. But who's going to get them the ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    I'd rather watch Nash, too. LeBron is not all that aesthetically pleasing, as he's strong enough to bull his way to the hoop, get fouled, and cash in on free throws. Nash, OTOH, is a slight, undersized, floppy haired point guard playing against (and succeeding) while often almost a foot shorter.

To put it another way, Nash = modern-day Maravich.

And, as to the Knicks, I'd love to see them sign Bosh and LeBron, then re-sign David Lee. That trio could be fun to watch. But who's going to get them the ball?
    I don't think they can sign all three Scrap - I think David Lee is going to be a sign and trade. They have enough for two max contracts (and the most money to spend of any NBA team). But its still only enough for two.

As for who would get them the ball - LeBron would be primary ball-handler. And hey, maybe Kahn will trade us Rubio.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

No one's saying Lebron isn't an incredible basketball player, him and Kobe are 1a and 1b.

But Lebron can't shoot nearly as well as Nash, he has shot 43% from the 3pt line for his career. Lebron is an excellent passer and ball handler but he's not as good at either of those as Nash.

But it's more about entertainment, no one is saying that Nash is better than James. I will submit that Nash does more to make the players around him better.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    No one's saying Lebron isn't an incredible basketball player, him and Kobe are 1a and 1b.

But Lebron can't shoot nearly as well as Nash, he has shot 43% from the 3pt line for his career. Lebron is an excellent passer and ball handler but he's not as good at either of those as Nash.

But it's more about entertainment, no one is saying that Nash is better than James. I will submit that Nash does more to make the players around him better.
    Add FT shooting to the list as well. Nash is one of the best in NBA history.

The Cavs offense makes me want to tear my eyeballs out. LeBron is a great player, but Steve Nash is more entertaining to watch. If I had to start a team tomorrow, I'd pick LeBron. If I want to watch an entertaining basketball game that's going to keep my attention, instead of 20 seconds of dribbling and fadeaway 3 pointers, give me Nash.

Last home game for Lebron in Cleveland? Could be. And whither MVP Lebron? Stay tuned.

lol at the Cavs

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Impressive that 3 of the 4 conference semifinals have ended in sweeps.

As for the series that isn't a sweep... Colin Cowherd said the other day on his show that an NBA insider told him that if the Cavs don't make it to the Finals, LeBron is gone from Cleveland.
    If they don't beat a not great Boston team, I think he's out of there, and it's not looking good right now. A lot of people don't realize that after the Celtics hot start of 23-5, they were only 27-27 the rest of the year. So the Cavs are going to lose to a team that played .500 ball for over half the season.

Cavs really stink up the joint last night. Celtics are playing well, but not *that* great. Cavs generate a lot of points off their defense but the NBA post-season is a lot of half-court games. And that's when the Cavs run Lebron 1 on 5 and the C's throw the kitchen sink at him. Its a testament to his level of skill and talent he does as well as he does.

And I think Lebron is a fantastic basketball player and stupendous athlete, but I'd rather watch Nash endlessly create. Like listening to a sax jazz solo.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?