Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Redszone NBA Playoff Thread, now with more accuracy!

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Re: Your NBA Playoffs.....Blazers Win!!! Blazers Win!!!

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    It is starting to look like Boston can win it all. Their defense has been stifling. They would be a very difficult match-up for LA. Rondo would absolutely destroy them (w/ Fisher guarding him).
    I wouldn't worry about that quite yet. I still think Orlando makes it through to the Finals.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I wouldn't worry about that quite yet. I still think Orlando makes it through to the Finals.
    They have always done well against Howard and they match-up very well with Orlando. Rondo is probably the only PG in the East who can handle Nelson.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    They have always done well against Howard and they match-up very well with Orlando. Rondo is probably the only PG in the East who can handle Nelson.
    The great thing about playoff basketball is that you don't have to wonder. The games will be played and the issue will be decided. I hope it goes seven games.

I must say, the Celtics have surprised me.

I thought with their lackluster second half of the season, their time was up. Their old guys had gotten too .... old. Being an old Royals fan, I've never liked the Celtics so I was secretly happy.

But I think Rivers just wanted to get them to the playoffs and wasn't going to flog them to finish as high as they possibly could. So they got healthier and Garnett and Wallace have decided to play ball again.

Pay attention to the open sky

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

I must say, the Celtics have surprised me.

I thought with their lackluster second half of the season, their time was up. Their old guys had gotten too .... old. Being an old Royals fan, I've never liked the Celtics so I was secretly happy.But I think Rivers just wanted to get them to the playoffs and wasn't going to flog them to finish as high as they possibly could. So they got healthier and Garnett and Wallace have decided to play ball again.
    Then you will smiling pretty soon as I don't think they get past Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I'd say Nash, though most of that is because I see the Suns and C's play more than the Jazz or Hornets. And also because both Nash and Rondo have better dudes to play with.
    Didn't see much out of Nash last night or the "better dudes". Maybe they are doing the old rope-a-dope on the Lakers.

Maybe if they played a little defense?

Last edited by RBA; 05-18-2010 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Maybe if they played a little defense?
    Yup.

Los Suns need to revisit the concept of defense really quick if they want this series to go past 4 games. They were the masters of the matador olé move last night.

Kobe was fun to watch in the 3rd quarter. There was nobody on the planet that could defend him once he got going.

Lakers over Celtics in 6

For some reason this thread is getting awful quiet.

So maybe a caption contest will liven things up?

Both conference finals have been pretty one-sided. Not much to say besides the Suns' D can't do a thing against the Lakers O and the Magic lacks firepower.

We'll see if the bludgeoning Celtics big guys can cover the more finesse Laker big guys. I think that will be a good series.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

I am hard-headed. I still expect to see Orlando advance into the Finals.

Boston over LAL in 6. If I had (guts) I'd say 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Boston over LAL in 6. If I had (guts) I'd say 5.
    Boston won't win all of the middle 3, and they won't win twice in LA.

Lakers in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Boston won't win all of the middle 3, and they won't win twice in LA.

Lakers in 6.
    Lakers D has looked quite beatable in this series so far. Only reason they are up 2-0 is the Suns play absolutely pathetic defense. I've never seen so many wide open easy shots.

Boston actually has enough big bodies to throw at Gasol and Bynum, and Derek Fisher is going to have to guard one of Ray Allen or Rajon Rondo, which is huge trouble.

Boston is going to hit LA in the mouth, and I'm not sure LA is tough enough to handle that. Rondo is going to be a big problem for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Lakers D has looked quite beatable in this series so far. Only reason they are up 2-0 is the Suns play absolutely pathetic defense. I've never seen so many wide open easy shots.

Boston actually has enough big bodies to throw at Gasol and Bynum, and Derek Fisher is going to have to guard one of Ray Allen or Rajon Rondo, which is huge trouble.

Boston is going to hit LA in the mouth, and I'm not sure LA is tough enough to handle that. Rondo is going to be a big problem for them.
    Lakers defense had been playing really well coming into this series. When you're able to do whatever you want on offense, your defensive intensity won't be as tough.

The Lakers are a much better team than they were two years ago, and they have an answer for Pierce and a physical big man in Bynum.

The Lakers starting lineup in game 6 of that series:
    Fisher
    Kobe
    Radmanovic
    Odom
    Gasol

Luke Walton and Sasha were playing major minutes on that team. We're a better team this time around and we'll have home court.

And the Lakers handled both Deron and Nash with no problems.
    Last edited by reds44; 05-20-2010 at 08:45 PM.

Turn Off Ads?