Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Redszone NBA Playoff Thread, now with more accuracy!

Re: The Official Redszone NBA Playoff Thread, now with more accuracy!

Cleveland and Orlando are front running teams. When the going gets tough, both of them fold and this is directly linked to the attitudes of LeBron and Howard. Neither hold their teammates accountable and neither has displayed the ability to inspire them, either through words or through play.
    Boston is very different. Allen, Garnett, and Pierce have all taken turns being the big time clutch guys, and Rondo has trumped all three of them. To me, Cleveland and Orlando have similar talent levels/athleticism to the C's, but neither of them have the mental fortitude to compete with Boston.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    To me, Cleveland and Orlando have similar talent levels/athleticism to the C's, but neither of them have the mental fortitude to compete with Boston.
    Cleveland has nowhere near the talent that the Celtics have. When the Cavs and C's take the floor, the Cavs have the best player, and the C's have the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th best players.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Cleveland has nowhere near the talent that the Celtics have. When the Cavs and C's take the floor, the Cavs have the best player, and the C's have the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th best players.
    You'll lose every time under that scenario.

Re: Your NBA Playoffs.....Blazers Win!!! Blazers Win!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    The Lakers in Six!

Yes, the Lakers will win the next 6 games in a row.
    I still stand by my prediction. They will win the next 6 in a row.

I still stand by my prediction. They will win the next 6 in a row.
    Nope.

Going to have big problems if Artest gets 14 shots a game. If they're gettin smacked in the mouth in Phoenix they are going to have a tough time winning in Boston.....

I'm now 29-13 betting the playoffs. R-A-K-I-N-G.

Stat geek...and proud

Nope.

Going to have big problems if Artest gets 14 shots a game. If they're gettin smacked in the mouth in Phoenix they are going to have a tough time winning in Boston.....

As a Pacers fan, if Ron Artest gets a ring, I'm going to throw bleach in my eyes. Thanks, Ron, for starting one of the worst scenes in sports history, which started a downward spiral which could culminate with the Pacers leaving Indianapolis. Really, thanks. I could say a lot more about Ron Artest but I would be banned from this site.

That said, as someone rooting for Phoenix, I love it when Ron shoots a three. Keep shooting those Ron. Keep shooting those. Just like you bricked them when you played here, right? Why don't you run in the stands and punch Jack Nicholson?

I feel better now.

Nope.

Smacked in the mouth? They lost one game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    And not on their home court.

And not on their home court.
    Boston REALLY got smacked around by the Magic tonight.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

They got it taken to them. Suns shot like 40 free throws while the Lakers stood outside and jacked up jumpers. I think the Lakers roll tonight, but the Suns may have shown the blueprint for beating the Lakers: Make Artest hit wide open shots, because he's proven he can't do it.

Boston REALLY got smacked around by the Magic tonight.
    An OT loss is really getting smacked around? Please. Rondo had an awful game, Howard had his best game of the playoffs, and it still took OT to beat them? C'mon.

They got it taken to them. Suns shot like 40 free throws while the Lakers stood outside and jacked up jumpers. I think the Lakers roll tonight, but the Suns may have shown the blueprint for beating the Lakers: Make Artest hit wide open shots, because he's proven he can't do it.

An OT loss is really getting smacked around? Please. Rondo had an awful game, Howard had his best game of the playoffs, and it still took OT to beat them? C'mon.
    The Lakers scored 109 points and shot 48% from the field. The Suns played zone, and the Lakers had troubles solving it. I bet you any money the Celtics won't play a possesion of zone against the Lakers. The Suns victory the other night was no blueprint on beating the Lakers.

The Lakers lost that game, not because of Ron Artest, but because Odom was 4-14 and Bynum only played 8 minutes.

And my getting smacked around post was sarcasm, but you say Howard had his best game of the playoffs, what do you call Amare's effort the other night?

The Lakers scored 109 points and shot 48% from the field. The Suns played zone, and the Lakers had troubles solving it. I bet you any money the Celtics won't play a possesion of zone against the Lakers. The Suns victory the other night was no blueprint on beating the Lakers.

The Lakers lost that game, not because of Ron Artest, but because Odom was 4-14 and Bynum only played 8 minutes.

And my getting smacked around post was sarcasm, but you say Howard had his best game of the playoffs, what do you call Amare's effort the other night?
    Maybe I overstated the blueprint comment. But Artest's bricklaying has been a huge weakness on the Lakers so far, but it is overshadowed because the Lakers have played no one that can match up with Gasol inside, and no one that can even attempt to defend Kobe.

Celtics probably won't play any zone, but they matchup way better than any team that the Lakers have played so far. I mean, if OKC has ANY functional big man, I think they win that series.

Clearly, Amare's game was his best of the playoffs, but Amare is strictly an offensive player. When Dwight Howard has a good offensive game, he is doing that in addition to his outstanding rebounding and shot blocking.

My "smacked in the mouth" comment was in reference to the way that Phoenix took it right at the Lakers, which is the type of effort I expect from Boston. The great thing about the NBA is that there are no style points or anything, and this whole "dispute" is kind of silly considering it will all be settled in a few weeks, and we don't have to play hypothetical games like we do in college.

this whole "dispute" is kind of silly considering it will all be settled in a few weeks, and we don't have to play hypothetical games like we do in college.
    It's especially silly when the two teams' current series are one game away from being very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    It's especially silly when the two teams' current series are one game away from being very interesting.
    If you'd like to bet me that those two teams won't make the finals, I'm all ears.

Turn Off Ads?