Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Redszone NBA Playoff Thread, now with more accuracy!

Re: Your NBA Playoffs.....Blazers Win!!! Blazers Win!!!

Koufos scores again!!! That's 57 points for him now (when you combine the regular season and the playoffs). Secret weapon for the Jazz looking to get the 3-1 lead.

2. Turn Off Ads?

3-1 jazz

Wow, that Spurs - Mavs series has been great, I don't want it to end. Anyone else think Najara was put in the game just to foul the piss out of someone?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Going into yesterday's games, the lower seed in each Western Conference matchup had 2 wins. I guess that's a sign of a well-balanced division.

People here are ecstatic about the Spurs performance in their series, as they take a commanding 3-1 lead on Dallas.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Going into yesterday's games, the lower seed in each Western Conference matchup had 2 wins. I guess that's a sign of a well-balanced division.

People here are ecstatic about the Spurs performance in their series, as they take a commanding 3-1 lead on Dallas.
    Yeah, it's been pretty cool. All of my family down here are Spurs fans and I've always kind of rooted for the Spurs but during this series I've pretty much become a full on Spurs fan.

Especially last night after watching IUPUI's own George Hill go off.

Spurs-Mavs is old fashioned playoff basketball that makes me remember why I used to watch the NBA. No doubt about it Najera was sent into the game to get physical with the Spurs. I don't think Carlisle had in mind a flagrant 2 but with Blair roughing guys up underneath something was going to happen. I think the Mavs will win at home in game 5 but game 6 in San Antonio to close it out will be a blood bath.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I think it's hilarious that the Charlotte fans boo every time JJ Redick touches the ball. He's an average NBA player and they're giving him that much attention.

Stat geek...and proud

Not looking too good for Portland right now, LOL.

Incredible upset AGAIN by Phoenix last night. Unbelievable!

Re: Your NBA Playoffs.....

Go here for your NBA playoffs information.

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2010/index.html
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Kingspoint, you gotta be kidding me man. Nobody can be that big of a homer.

I'm fully expecting a Lakers/Spurs WCF.

Also, I hope the performance Kobe Bryant posted tonight gets the attention it deserves. For how everybody talks about how the NBA is a me first stats league, Kobe did something I'm not sure many superstars would do.

4-9
    13 points
    7 assists
    3 boards
    29 minutes

Not exactly a classic Kobe line? You're correct, but I'll give you three lines that tell the story of why Kobe's game tonight was great.

Gasol: 25 points (10/16), 11 boards
    Bynum: 21 points (8/19), 11 boards
    Westbrook: 15 points (4/13), 8 turnovers, -26

Westbrook absolutely killed the Lakers in the first four games, so Kobe took it on himself to check him. He did, and it made a world of difference.

Just an awesome, unselfish game from Kobe last night.

In this series it is pretty obvious the Lakers will be much more successful if Kobe plays more of a facilatator role and lets the big guys go to work. OKC doens't have the talent down low to stop Gasol and Bynum if used correctly like they were last night.

I'll be interested to see what he does in a close game because I doubt he will be so generous.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Also, I hope the performance Kobe Bryant posted tonight gets the attention it deserves. For how everybody talks about how the NBA is a me first stats league, Kobe did something I'm not sure many superstars would do.

4-9
    13 points
    7 assists
    3 boards
    29 minutes

Not exactly a classic Kobe line? You're correct, but I'll give you three lines that tell the story of why Kobe's game tonight was great.

Gasol: 25 points (10/16), 11 boards
    Bynum: 21 points (8/19), 11 boards
    Westbrook: 15 points (4/13), 8 turnovers, -26

Westbrook absolutely killed the Lakers in the first four games, so Kobe took it on himself to check him. He did, and it made a world of difference.

Just an awesome, unselfish game from Kobe last night.
    Perhaps my favorite moment of the playoffs happened Saturday night when a Phil Jackson coached team gets blown out in an early round road game, and everyone acts surprised.

"Wow, the Lakers sure didn't look like the defending world champion last night,"
    "Does this call into question whether the Lakers are a lock to get out of the west?"
    "Well the series is 2-2, it's anyone's series from here."

Phil knows how to push his guys for the grueling marathon the playoffs are. This is one of his tricks, he did it with the Bulls, and he does it to the nth degree with the Lakers. He knows that he has a team that could spot OKC 3 games and still probably win the series, so why push them now, when you're going to need to pull on that energy and motivation come late May and June.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I agree that when the Lakers come out motivated that OKC has almost no chance at all to win the game. But why not sweep The Thunder and get a week off as opposed to dragging things out for six or seven games? How exactly does that keep the troops fresh? And you keep letting other teams hang around for a game seven and you might find yourself flukishly out of the playoffs earlier than expected. Phil Jackson may want to rethink that strategy. This is analgous to all those track runners in the Olympics who don't advance through the heats because they were trying to save something for the finals. You can't do anything in the finals if you don't make it there.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-28-2010 at 03:56 PM.

Turn Off Ads?