Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Redszone NBA Playoff Thread, now with more accuracy!

Re: The Official Redszone NBA Playoff Thread, now with more accuracy!

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Home court advantage back to the Lakers. Not sure what that means since the road team has now won 2 of the first 3.
    I won't feel comfortable going back to LA down 3-2. I want another one in Boston.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

No rationalization from me. Celtics just couldn't get over the hump. Kobe was trying to give the game away and Fisher bailed him out. Can't believe he missed that many shots and they still won. That being said, if Allen does ANYTHING right, the Celtics win. You can't say Allen went 0 for 13 because "The Lakers know how to win."

C's obviously have to win the next two or this ones over. Still very possible. I figured the Lakers would get one in Boston, but I thought it would be Game 5.

Aren't all the preliminary rounds scheduled 2-2-1-1-1? Why would it change to 2-3-2 for the finals? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Aren't all the preliminary rounds scheduled 2-2-1-1-1? Why would it change to 2-3-2 for the finals? Anyone know?
    The long distance between the cities. That way players/coaches/media won't have to fly 15,000 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    No rationalization from me. Celtics just couldn't get over the hump. Kobe was trying to give the game away and Fisher bailed him out. Can't believe he missed that many shots and they still won. That being said, if Allen does ANYTHING right, the Celtics win. You can't say Allen went 0 for 13 because "The Lakers know how to win."

C's obviously have to win the next two or this ones over. Still very possible. I figured the Lakers would get one in Boston, but I thought it would be Game 5.
    No, but am I surprised Allen was that bad?

I have no reason to fear Boston after two games. For some reason I doubt they'll be another game where Ray Allen breaks the NBA record for 3s and Kobe is in foul trouble the entire game.
    Say hello to the due factor.

And please with that Kobe garbage. Our offense stalled for the entire 2nd half and the majority of it was Kobe having to take contested shots with the shot clock winding down.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

The long distance between the cities. That way players/coaches/media won't have to fly 15,000 miles.
    Thanks. This makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    No, but am I surprised Allen was that bad?

Say hello to the due factor.
    Bold prediction saying he wouldn't have another record night. No one could have predicted he would have followed it with one of the worst nights ever. There is no such thing as a due factor. You and I both know that.

And please with that Kobe garbage. Our offense stalled for the entire 2nd half and the majority of it was Kobe having to take contested shots with the shot clock winding down.
    I'm honestly shocked that people are going to defend Kobe's performance tonight. I know people follow him blindly, but this one honestly shocks me.

Gasol can take Garnett in the post any time he wants, but Kobe dribbles, fakes, fakes again, and shoots fadeaways all night. IT IS OK TO SAY KOBE PLAYED POORLY! It's honestly foolish to defend him when he throws up a stinker, because it makes it hard to take anything else that's being said seriously.

Bold prediction saying he wouldn't have another record night. No one could have predicted he would have followed it with one of the worst nights ever. There is no such thing as a due factor. You and I both know that.

I'm honestly shocked that people are going to defend Kobe's performance tonight. I know people follow him blindly, but this one honestly shocks me.

Gasol can take Garnett in the post any time he wants, but Kobe dribbles, fakes, fakes again, and shoots fadeaways all night. IT IS OK TO SAY KOBE PLAYED POORLY! It's honestly foolish to defend him when he throws up a stinker, because it makes it hard to take anything else that's being said seriously.
    Did you watch the game? The Lakers couldn't get into their offense. The Celtics defense was pushing the Lakers further and further out and they made entry passes impossible. I don't think Kobe played poorly, I think the Celtics played great defense on the Lakers and it forced Kobe into tough shots.

And I could have told you Allen had a bad game coming. Maybe not that bad, but bad. I still want to know if you're going to try to convince us all that Pierce isn't going to continue sucking.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Did you watch the game? The Lakers couldn't get into their offense. The Celtics defense was pushing the Lakers further and further out and they made entry passes impossible. I don't think Kobe played poorly, I think the Celtics played great defense on the Lakers and it forced Kobe into tough shots.

And I could have told you Allen had a bad game coming. Maybe not that bad, but bad. I still want to know if you're going to try to convince us all that Pierce isn't going to continue sucking.
    The rest of the Lakers went 24-37 - Over 50%. The only one struggling on offense was Bryant. He's shooting 39% for the series. He has NOT been good.

You don't honestly believe that the Lakers were physically not capable of throwing passes to Gasol are you? Because the Celtics played behind Gasol the entire night.

Sure you could have told me Allen had a bad game coming. You didn't, and hindsight is 20/20.

Pierce hasn't been good. It wasn't because of Artest tonight though. He was missing shots over Luke Walton, and refusing to take him to the hole. Weird night for him.

Artest was great on Pierce in game 2.

The rest of the Lakers went 24-37 - Over 50%. The only one struggling on offense was Bryant. He's shooting 39% for the series. He has NOT been good.

You don't honestly believe that the Lakers were physically not capable of throwing passes to Gasol are you? Because the Celtics played behind Gasol the entire night.

Sure you could have told me Allen had a bad game coming. You didn't, and hindsight is 20/20.

Pierce hasn't been good. It wasn't because of Artest tonight though. He was missing shots over Luke Walton, and refusing to take him to the hole. Weird night for him.

Artest was great on Pierce in game 2.
    Go back and look who was taking the shots late in the shot clock. It was Kobe. That's why his shooting percentage was so bad.

And yes, I watch the game, the Celtics big were pushing the Laker bigs outside the pain. Not really a good idea to make an entry pass to a big man that far away from the basket.

Yeah Gasol always gets the ball, tires to get in, and he always kicks it out, thats why it the stats show he has no shot attempts

Quote Originally Posted by RedLakerFan24 View Post
    Yeah Gasol always gets the ball, tires to get in, and he always kicks it out, thats why it the stats show he has no shot attempts
    Yes.

Entertaining game last night. It's a tough series because I'm not a fan of either of these teams. I just wish the players would tone down the theatrics. A lot of people get on soccer players for their antics (rightly so), but between the flopping to draw cheap charge calls and the whining about every single call (especially the Celtics) really seemed over the top last night.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Both teams are playing stifling defense. The NBA-standard pick and rolls are getting forced up against the sidelines and 5-10 ft. above the 3 point line and get stifled before they even begin. The big men seem agile enough to switch to stop the roll and then switch back. Every so often, a mismatch gets generated that gets taken advantage of, but for the most part, getting a good shot has been really hard to get.

There has been a lot of histrionics and flopping. And I don't have a dog in this hunt either but I think the refs have been pretty awful. I can't believe Bennet Salvatore is being allowed to ref a Finals. He really is incompetent. Its like CB Buckner doing a World Series.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

This series should disprove to anyone who doesn't believe that there isn't any defense played in the NBA.

Sadly, I think that's it for BOS. I don't believe any team that lost the 3rd game of the 2-3-2 format has won the series. BOS just can't seem to get everyone going at the same time. Fisher and Odom were nails last night and Kobe made some unbelievable shots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?