Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Redszone NBA Playoff Thread, now with more accuracy!

Re: Your NBA Playoffs.....Blazers Win!!! Blazers Win!!!

Another game right there for the Jazz in the fourth quarter. Not gonna win too many in L.A. when Boozer and Williams don't bother to show up.....against the Clippers, much less against the Lakers.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Another game right there for the Jazz in the fourth quarter. Not gonna win too many in L.A. when Boozer and Williams don't bother to show up.....against the Clippers, much less against the Lakers.
    Have you ever watched the Lakers play? This was another game where the Lakers were up by 10 the entire game, and they just stop trying in for awhile.

Neither of these games have ever been in doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Have you ever watched the Lakers play? This was another game where the Lakers were up by 10 the entire game, and they just stop trying in for awhile.

Neither of these games have ever been in doubt.
    Sure. The Jazz easily could have won both games. Time to hold serve in SLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Sure. The Jazz easily could have won both games. Time to hold serve in SLC.
    No, especially not this one.

You're right. That four point game with five minutes left was out of reach the whole way. Williams shooting 4-16 didn't matter at all in the outcome.

Kobe had 30, 8, and 5
    Gasol had 22 and 15
    Bynum had 17 and 14.

They have no answer for those 3. It's not going to change. It's Lakers in 5 at the most. If going back to Utah makes the Jazz taller, than they are in great shape.
    Last edited by reds44; 05-05-2010 at 01:58 AM.

All those things being true, the Jazz were right there with a chance to win in the last minutes of both games. Hard as it is to believe, the Jazz are a pretty good team, too.

And the Jazz probably will get taller Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    If the NBA had as much control as you think, the following teams would not have made the Finals in the past 10 years.

2000: Indiana Pacers
    2002: New Jersey Nets
    2003: New Jersey Nets, San Antonio Spurs
    2004: Detroit Pistons
    2005: San Antonio Spurs, Detroit Pistons
    2007: San Antonio Spurs
    2009: Orlando Magic

Quite honestly the NBA might do a better job getting the matchup it wants if it stops trying as hard as the conspiracy theorists give them credit for.
    You can't make it obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    You can't make it obvious.
    It's a brilliant conspiracy I must admit.
    Allowing the Spurs to win 4 times in 9 years, in fact making it more possible through somewhat controversial suspension of several key players of the more popular Suns team in 2007 would have thrown off less ardent theorists.

But to know it was all a ruse to make people believe they weren't orchestrating all the games behind the scenes. David Stern is truly brilliant.

The only shame of it is that I now know the Pacers weren't actually any good in the late 90's. They were only propped up to create a rivalry with the Bulls and the Knicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

It's a brilliant conspiracy I must admit.
    Allowing the Spurs to win 4 times in 9 years, in fact making it more possible through somewhat controversial suspension of several key players of the more popular Suns team in 2007 would have thrown off less ardent theorists.

But to know it was all a ruse to make people believe they weren't orchestrating all the games behind the scenes. David Stern is truly brilliant.

The only shame of it is that I now know the Pacers weren't actually any good in the late 90's. They were only propped up to create a rivalry with the Bulls and the Knicks.
    Lol. You have heard of Tim Donaghy, correct? You have witnessed Jordan, and now Kobe & LeBron get phantom calls, correct? The NBA is a fraud, teams are not on level playing fields. When you are informing your refs to make calls in favor of a certain team it obliterates the integrity of the game.

Lol. You have heard of Tim Donaghy, correct? You have witnessed Jordan, and now Kobe & LeBron get phantom calls, correct? The NBA is a fraud, teams are not on level playing fields. When you are informing your refs to make calls in favor of a certain team it obliterates the integrity of the game.
    Oh I see. So Donaghy was an agent of the NBA's vast conspiracy as opposed to some jerk ref who tried to use his knowledge to profit and had it blow up in his face.

Did Jordan get calls? Sure. Same as Tom Glavine and Greg Maddux getting a little extra on the black. Umpires and Referees are human. Some are good, some aren't. Almost all referees are affected by the home crowd. Almost anyone is affected by a superstar.

But if what you're suggesting is the case, all 32 teams are in on it, Mark Cuban complaining to Stern is just a cover and every team not named the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Spurs, or Pistons has essentially decided not to play for a championship but have seen little benefit.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Jazz will win 3 but I have a feeling LA will steal one in Utah.

Oh I see. So Donaghy was an agent of the NBA's vast conspiracy as opposed to some jerk ref who tried to use his knowledge to profit and had it blow up in his face.

Did Jordan get calls? Sure. Same as Tom Glavine and Greg Maddux getting a little extra on the black. Umpires and Referees are human. Some are good, some aren't. Almost all referees are affected by the home crowd. Almost anyone is affected by a superstar.

But if what you're suggesting is the case, all 32 teams are in on it, Mark Cuban complaining to Stern is just a cover and every team not named the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Spurs, or Pistons has essentially decided not to play for a championship but have seen little benefit.
    Not saying 32 teams are in on it. It only takes a few calls to sway a game in one teams favor. The less people involved the better.

Not saying 32 teams are in on it. It only takes a few calls to sway a game in one teams favor. The less people involved the better.
    Oh so in your mind, David Stern talks to two refs before a big game or before the series and tells them which team is going to win?

And that hasn't gotten out except through a convicted felon trying to justify his behavior?

So Stern's been able to keep this going for 25 years but why is he so incompetent at it? I mean 9 crappy TV markets in 10 years certainly is more than (well he just wanted to make it look honest,) I mean why is he leaving so much money on the table?
    The Knicks in 2000, the Celtics in 2002, the Heat in 2005, the Cleveland Lebron's last year and that's only the eastern conference.

Oh so in your mind, David Stern talks to two refs before a big game or before the series and tells them which team is going to win?

And that hasn't gotten out except through a convicted felon trying to justify his behavior?

So Stern's been able to keep this going for 25 years but why is he so incompetent at it? I mean 9 crappy TV markets in 10 years certainly is more than (well he just wanted to make it look honest,) I mean why is he leaving so much money on the table?
    The Knicks in 2000, the Celtics in 2002, the Heat in 2005, the Cleveland Lebron's last year and that's only the eastern conference.
    Enjoy your NBA, I heard the WWE has some good programming as well.

He went "rougue", funny stuff Stern.

Turn Off Ads?