Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds Promotional Idea

Reds Promotional Idea

What if, at the end of the season, when two mathmatically eliminated teams play one another, they hold a drawing from those that purchased tickets throughout the season to have a real major league at bat. Only 1 AB per game/contestant. I know a few roster rules would need to be tweeked... Would you like to see Stan the mechanic get a shot at MLB pitching? I think it would add an element of interest to a meaningless match up.

Just an idea.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Promotional Idea

Would make a joke of the sport, not to mention the liability of having a civilian getting hit by a pitch or something else of that nature.

I'll pass.

The joke would occur when the town drunk parked one of Harang's fastballs in the cheap seats.

Quote Originally Posted by muddie View Post
    The joke would occur when the town drunk parked one of Harang's fastballs in the cheap seats.
    haha. I was thinkin the same thing when i read the first post.

I would be in favor of it, but like TC said, it would make a joke out of the game, and MLB would never go for it. They continually try to market their games/mathups meaningless or not until the end of the season, and I doubt the reward from a promotion like that would outweigh the cost to baseballs reputation, and professionalism.

lmao

A+

Yeah because I am sure someone off the street would do that.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

What if the winner was allowed to make the line up card for the Reds? It would make a meaningless game a little more interesting.

Dusty Baker + dunk tank = profit$

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I would be in favor of it, but like TC said, it would make a joke out of the game, and MLB would never go for it. They continually try to market their games/mathups meaningless or not until the end of the season, and I doubt the reward from a promotion like that would outweigh the cost to baseballs reputation, and professionalism.
    Some part of me agrees with you, but mostly I see this kind of gimmick as an "old school" promotion; like an Eddie GaeDel AB. Besides, didn't the DH already do most of the damage?

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

What if they had a game of pepper at the 7th inning stretch. it could be like the halftime show in a basketball game.
    "Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball." - Serrano. "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?" - Harris in Major League (1989)

Quote Originally Posted by ian_madden View Post
    What if they had a game of pepper at the 7th inning stretch. it could be like the halftime show in a basketball game.
    If you saw what Toronto does for their 7th inning stretch you would beg for a game of pepper.

Turn Off Ads?