Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Volquez to be suspended 50 games for PED use

Volquez to be suspended 50 games for PED use

According to a tweet from Jon Heyman at SI just 5 minutes ago.

:thumbdown

2. Turn Off Ads?
    jredmo2

Re: Volquez to be suspended 50 games for PED use

Look at the bright side:

1) PEDs help you recover from injury

2) 50 game suspension means Volquez won't at all be rushed back from TJ surgery

3) This season was a wash for him anyway

Well we dont have to worry about him rushing back now.
    Last edited by GIDP; 04-20-2010 at 03:08 PM.

Why suspend a guy whos already on the DL. Not like it really matters for him. Of course I know they have to but still the Reds could take him off the DL, let the 50 games happen and put him right back on the DL im sure.

Seriously, the first thing I thought about was, well, he can't rush back and should be at absolute full strength for the start of next year. The way the season is going and looks to be headed, what did we really need him for anyway

I suspect this is him being an idiot and taking some illegal stuff in the dominican and not realizing what he was doing. I hope he wasnt on them when he was pitching well.

jredmo2

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I suspect this is him being an idiot and taking some illegal stuff in the dominican and not realizing what he was doing. I hope he wasnt on them when he was pitching well.
    I'm guessing he took them to recover from TJ; he tested positive in ST

If he has some leftover PEDs he needs to distribute them to the rest of the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by jredmo2 View Post
    I'm guessing he took them to recover from TJ; he tested positive in ST
    Yea im guessing he did also. Things in the dominican arent looked like it here. I bet tons of guys from the dominican do shady things just because of how easy it is there.

When does this suspension begin? whenever the Reds activate him and say he's ready to pitch, or does it start now?

It doesn't make much sense to suspend someone who is on the DL. That wouldn't be much of a penalty to pay. But since when did things have to make sense??

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    When does this suspension begin? whenever the Reds activate him and say he's ready to pitch, or does it start now?
    Suspension starts tomorrow.

According to the fantasy updates on cbssports.com, he can serve the suspension on the DL and this won't impact anything as far as his return...

"Volquez was a potential second-half contributor in Fantasy and this news likely won't keep him from reaching his late July or early August return date, since he can serve the suspension while on the DL. He was reportedly ahead of schedule and could return shortly after the All-Star break. He remains a must-stash in deeper leagues with DL spots still. He could be a dominant Fantasy arm during crunch time down the stretch." - Cbssports.com

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    It doesn't make much sense to suspend someone who is on the DL. That wouldn't be much of a penalty to pay. But since when did things have to make sense??
    It doesn't make sense, but I won't complain, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    It doesn't make sense, but I won't complain, lol.
    They really cant do anything about it. The Reds could take him off the DL and just let him sit there. Would the MLB really go through the hassle of trying to prove that a guy couldnt come off the DL? Good luck fighting that with the players association.

Turn Off Ads?