Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Volquez to be suspended 50 games for PED use

Re: Volquez to be suspended 50 games for PED use

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    There arent bigger things when your making mega-millions playing a game ,you check to make sure you arent going to screw up your lifeline, esp if your planning a family. Not buying it, I thin kyour first line explained your thinking, "being on my team I would like ot beleieve him". If he wasnt on "your team" you would likely not be saying the same. Would be interesting to look back at our Pujols thread here and see how many are defending Vol but threw the witchunt there if they are not on "my team". He is on my team, thats why it bothers me.

My response was driven from the level of the reactions. Based off the reactions of things like "completely unnacceptable" "beyond stupid" "mentally challenged" and people saying he must not care about his family, you would think Volquez did something similar to killing a person while driving drunk. He messed up, didn't hurt anybody, didn't fight it, accepted the responsibility and is moving on...what else is he supposed to do.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I *want* to believe him, I really do. Is it because he's a Red? Probably.

But I don't. This was just too stupid for words IMO. Even if the excuse is for real, why oh WHY, knowing that you have to teedle in a cup on a regular basis, do you NOT check with your team trainer and/or team docs about ANY meds you get put on, for any freakin' reason?

Volquez, this was a dumb move. And why? so you could come back 2 months earlier? Makes you was to Gibbs smack him upside the back of the head.

Isn't there a way we can blame the coaches for this?

Turn Off Ads?