Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time to start a Fire Dusty FB page

Time to start a Fire Dusty FB page

I have been a Reds fan all my life and after watching this season so far and last night's game especially, it is clear to me that a bad manager can harm a talented team. I challenge anyone to explain to me why Dusty is still managing this team. I challenge anyone to explain to my why Brooke is still the hitting coach and I really challenge anyone to explain to me why they fired Dick Poole. I am now working on starting up a "Fire Dusty" FB page and doing what I can to show my displeasure over MY team's continued ignorance of this issue.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Time to start a Fire Dusty FB page

Ill join.

-Matt

I'll join also

I would also join, and I used to be a backer of Dusty, but too many unexplainable decisions too often. I like his desire to win, but question his methods to accomplish it.

Dusty is a great manager and this team would be 2-12 with out him.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Dusty is a great manager and this team would be 2-12 with out him.
    sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I have been a Reds fan all my life and after watching this season so far and last night's game especially, it is clear to me that a bad manager can harm a talented team. I challenge anyone to explain to me why Dusty is still managing this team. I challenge anyone to explain to my why Brooke is still the hitting coach and I really challenge anyone to explain to me why they fired Dick Poole. I am now working on starting up a "Fire Dusty" FB page and doing what I can to show my displeasure over MY team's continued ignorance of this issue.
    Hope you weren't claiming that we are talented. Just go around the infield and pitching staff, a lot of average to below average guys. Gomes, Dickerson/Stubbs, OCab, Rolen, Ramon, Harang, Cueto, Bailey and the bullpen outside of CoCo are all average. Bruce slides out cause he is still young with a lot of upside. We have 4 above average players, Arroyo, Votto, Phillips, and CoCo. Shoot that sounds like the KC Royals group of Butler, Soria, Grienke, with a better 2nd baseman.

Definitely needs to go.

To be fair, no manager should be fired before 6/1. Let's hold that thought until then.

Yes I believe our talent is equal to the other teams in our division. Take Albert off the Cards and what do you have? The Brewers? Cubs? And do you really think either the Cubs or Stros match us? The Cards have 2 very good starting pitchers and Albert, if anyone of them goes down they will be hurting. Oh yea they have a manager and we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Hope you weren't claiming that we are talented. Just go around the infield and pitching staff, a lot of average to below average guys. Gomes, Dickerson/Stubbs, OCab, Rolen, Ramon, Harang, Cueto, Bailey and the bullpen outside of CoCo are all average. Bruce slides out cause he is still young with a lot of upside. We have 4 above average players, Arroyo, Votto, Phillips, and CoCo. Shoot that sounds like the KC Royals group of Butler, Soria, Grienke, with a better 2nd baseman.

Ill gladly join
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Dusty has had 2+ seasons here to reenforce he can't manage. Remove the one season he had Bonds lead them to the playoffs and what has he done? Really, wait till June 1 and we will be double digets behind...

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    To be fair, no manager should be fired before 6/1. Let's hold that thought until then.

where's the link?

Link me and I'll join.

If you have a face book page, type in Dusty Baker must be fired and it should take you to it, I just set it up...

Turn Off Ads?