Turn Off Ads?

Thread: How old do you look?

How old do you look?

Microsoft has a new site/ where you upload a picture, and it guesses your age. I tried a two-year-old photo, when I was 51, and it guessed that I was 46. Of course the site guessed that Bill Gates was 77, so there may be some bugs.

Anyone else dare to try it?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?

How old do you look?

Well... I had a pic from last year and it said 46 (was 55). Then I just took a selfie and it said 37!!! OTOH a pic of my dad last year @ 92 it said 89... So very close on that one. I wonder if it takes into account hair and/or hairstyles. I could take a selfie with my hair pull back, no bangs and see what happens.
    Edit: I think I look older with hair back but the program doesn't-still 37. Hmmm...

Edit 2: had my mom take a selfie-74 (she's 90).
    Last edited by KittyDuran; 05-01-2015 at 10:54 PM.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Stat geek...and proud

Re: How old do you look?

It keeps saying I'm female. First pic it said 37. I turn 37 next Wednesday. Second pic says 31. FWIW most people think I'm in my late 20s if they don't know me.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Using my photo I use here it said 42.

I believe I was 29 in that photo.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I uploaded a photo on my desktop of Raisel Iglesias - his official headshot from the Reds - It said he was 52. Must be in Cuban years.

7. Likes:

Beltway (05-02-2015),Kingspoint (05-05-2015),KittyDuran (05-02-2015)

Hmmm. . . I hope the site's still buggy, because otherwise. . . .

fwiw, I uploaded a photo from a few months ago, and it said I was 47. That's consistent. Then I took a selfie and tried that. Suddenly the site thought I was 59. There was one big difference in the pictures--I now have a beard.

A gray beard.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

9. Likes:

Razor Shines (05-01-2015)

I tried 2 photos of me. Both were sometime in the last year, I'm 33. It guessed I was 24 in one and 53 in the other. The one where it guessed I was 53 I was outside on a sunny day partially looking toward the sun so I had furrowed my brow a little bit and I had 2-3 days stubble. The one where it guessed I was 24 I was indoors, brow normal and I was clean shaven. That could all mean nothing though.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I am 54 and it said age 45. I like that. I wonder if they can guess how old you feel. That might not be so good...
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

12. Likes:

KittyDuran (05-02-2015)

I'm 40 and it guessed 41. Can't argue with that, can I?

EDIT: Okay, so this is interesting. Every photo I've tried with good lighting says I'm 41. However, whenever there is bad lighting, it says I'm 50+. Not only that, but when I tried a pic of me with a bunch of friends (all in our 40's) and bad lighting, it guessed we were all 50+. I'm thinking a lot of it has to do with the contours of your face, and shadows seem to affect that greatly. Either that, or we should all just try not to go out at night. LOL.
    Last edited by RedEye; 05-02-2015 at 08:21 AM.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

14. Likes:

Kingspoint (05-05-2015),KittyDuran (05-02-2015)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I don't like this site one bit.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

24 (I'm 36) and my 38-year old friend is 19. I love this website.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (2).jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	9035

I think the lighting is the key. This one is pretty accurate with multiple people. I just tried this photo because it makes me laugh, it was after a loooong day and we were so done with pictures.

Left to right with actual ages.

My brother's daughter (4), My brother (30) but he has a giant beard, Me (32), My brother (22), My brother (28) and my son (6). It skipped over my youngest two boys but that's understandable.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Just tried a selfie in lighter conditions w/makeup: 30!
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Last year I took a close-up of one of the faces on the North Carolina memorial at Gettysburg.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-10-11 09.55.13.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	9036

This site says he's 50.

20. Likes:

Kingspoint (05-05-2015)

Turn Off Ads?