Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zambrano to the bullpen. Lou might be worse than Dusty

Zambrano to the bullpen. Lou might be worse than Dusty

Zambrano to bullpen starting Friday. "Because of his stuff" Lou sez. Z is cool with move.
    http://twitter.com/PWSullivan/status/12596379217

No joke I think Lou is probably worse than Dusty. I watch Cubs games and seriously question almost everything Lou does.

2009: $17.75 million, 2010: $17.85 million, 2011: $17.85, 2012: $18 million, 2013: $19.25 million vesting option (could be player option), 2014: Free Agent

How that and Sorianos contract looking. EEK

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Zambrano to the bullpen. Lou might be worse than Dusty

This can't be true, he's on my fantasy team! lol

Oh its true

Hell at least Lou is trying to shake up the team, not ole Dusty, he just keeps things the same and with the same results. Man I hope he is a better father then he is a baseball manager....

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    http://twitter.com/PWSullivan/status/12596379217

No joke I think Lou is probably worse than Dusty. I watch Cubs games and seriously question almost everything Lou does.

2009: $17.75 million, 2010: $17.85 million, 2011: $17.85, 2012: $18 million, 2013: $19.25 million vesting option (could be player option), 2014: Free Agent

How that and Sorianos contract looking. EEK

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Hell at least Lou is trying to shake up the team, not ole Dusty, he just keeps things the same and with the same results. Man I hope he is a better father then he is a baseball manager....
    think thats exactly what it is. lou is in his final year of contract i believe, cubs off to a terrible start, trying to get his team on track anyway he can

Lou says move of Z to bullpen may not be temporary. "This makes all the sense in the world."

If it's good enough for Zambrano, then why not Harang?

They're different cases, of course.

Harang starts tonight. I still think he'll turn it around come June.

So, I'm not for moving him to the bullpen. I'm for dumping him if he doesn't get it turned around by the 1st Week of June.

Good Zambrano = Steroids

Bad Zambrano = No Steroids

I love Lou.

He can be my Manager anytime.

I like Zambrano, and think he could be a great set up man out of the pen. Ted Lily will be coming back soon, so he will replace him in the rotation. I don't think the Cubs have any options for the pen, but with Lily coming back, have 5 other decent starters. Of course that is counting Silva and Gorzelanny.

Good move from Lou, this won't last more than a few weeks but I'd be willing to bet Zambrano comes back as a better pitcher.

Reds Fan 4 life!!!!!

Well Thats a wasted pick!!!!!!!!
    "Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball." - Serrano. "Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?" - Harris in Major League (1989)

Wakefield's going to the bullpen, too.

No reason why Harang can't go to the bullpen until he fixes his problem.

Why continue to let him destroy games for the REDS? We're used to it though with Patterson and Taveras. These Veterans who get playing time that's unmerited gets really old.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    If it's good enough for Zambrano, then why not Harang?

They're different cases, of course.

Harang starts tonight. I still think he'll turn it around come June.

So, I'm not for moving him to the bullpen. I'm for dumping him if he doesn't get it turned around by the 1st Week of June.
    The difference is Ted Lilly is coming back for the Cubs. The Reds won't have anyone to replace Harang until June when Wood/Chapman avoid super 2 arbitration. They are already taking a risk with Leake, but that was out of necessity. They will live with Harang until June to save some cash (especially with Chapman who has arbitration clauses in his contract that make it even worse).

I guess you could throw Owings in the starting lineup again. Yet they will give Harang a couple more starts before that happens.
    Last edited by scott91575; 04-23-2010 at 09:57 AM.

Carlos Zambrano

I CANNOT BELIEVE the Cubs have pulled him out of the rotation after a few bad starts. I'm not sad about it because more often than not he put it to the reds when he played them. The guy has some of the best stuff in the majors. I think a few more starts and he would have gotten everything straigtened out. Looking at some of the Cubs message boards, it looks as if they are getting fed up with Lou as well. What do you all think?

Turn Off Ads?